cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send transactional data to external audit firms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know how the transactional data is sent to external audit firms in

the other companies that have implemented Financial accounting.

Thanks

Deepa

Message was edited by:

Deepa Karuppiah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

I would suggest to create simple ABAP query (either join or single table) and schedule it through SM37 with application server download. Normally SQ01 is not come up with application server download but there is an user exit (simple) and if you enable that then you can download query results into application server. This is so useful for other purposes too. I had same kind of requirement and did the same.

Thanks

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

From a performance standpoint, which is the better way to extract table data using queries or programs

Thanks

Deepa

Message was edited by:

Deepa Karuppiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

You aware that performance is depend on multiple factors (hardware, fine tuned SQL and amount of data, etc..). For this requirement, go for queries. SAP generated programs are used to be good performance if they are connected with proper joins.(indexed fields).

Thanks

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa

I agree that queries are a good way to do the extracts.

I am trying to see if we can use DART to do the table extracts.

Does your company use that tool?

The DART tool has capability to extract table data and also has user exits to allow to add more source tables to that process.

Thanks

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

No. Not yet.

Thanks

Viswa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know how the transactional data is sent to external audit firms in

Thanks

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction FTW* for DART. This can also be a scheduled program wherein you run program RTXWCF02 to extract data and write on the server, wherefrom it can be sent to a secure storage medium. This data can then be sent to external agencies on need basis.

Hope this helps.

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

The problem we face is sending huge amounts of data to the external firms.

Can you please what you guys did in your company? What kind of storage medium did you use and how was it sent to the auditors. We need to send data every month and currently use the ftp process.

Thanks

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Has anyone implemented Audit Information System for audit purposes?

Please let me know

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

Whydont you try to create a variant in SE16N as per your requirements. In that variant you can specify the conditions to get the data. I think it would be help to you.

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need write a custom program to extract data from whicever tables you want and write it to a flat file. This program can be scheduled to run every month end, or whenever you want.

What exactly is the issue here?

Regards,

Ravi

Note - Please mark all the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks

Deepa

Message was edited by:

Deepa Karuppiah