cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a parameter through a enhanced screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to send the value that has a specific field of an enhanced screen to be able to use it in a custom screen. To do this, I added a button to a section group of the enhanced screen. However, when I had to specify the OBN Information I don't have any way to specify the parameter that I want to send to my custom screen.  

When I define the OBN Information of the button I have to specify the BO that I want to reference. However, I am not be able to indicate any type of parameter to be sent to another BO.

The configuration of the button from an enhanced screen is very limited, so I would like to know how can I send a parameter from an enhanced screen to a standard screen (e.g. my own QA)

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luisa,

When you create OBN, the system also create..

1. An "outport" which uses OBN configuration

2. An "EventHandler" which you can assign into the button (this have operation "FireOutport")

Now for passing the parameter to the custom UI, you need to configure Outport.

Goto outport created and see port type package should be same as in source inport.

here you can add parameter, what you want to pass into target screen.

If you still face problem let me know.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I have created OBNs before, however in this case I need to send a parameter from an enhanced screen, i.e a standard screen using extension fields. From a system's screen we can't create OBNs nor outports, you can see a screen of this type and verify that you can't edit it, just using the extensibility explorer.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here you have mentioned that you have added a button in a section group of std screen,It should be a embedded component what you have added on the std screen,and using the button over Embedded component.

For your case:

You have one .xbo where you have created an extended element.

second is Custom BO, which will control the your Embedded component, If I am not wrong then your controlling BO.

and third one is another custom BOname is "PersonnelSkill" where you want to pass the data from enhanced screen.

Yes you are right we cant create OBN nor Outport on the standard screen. However you have shown in image you are creating an OBN, perhaps you are creating this OBN over the embedded component in this case a outport automatically created.

My question :

Are you navigating from Std. screen to your own QAF using onclick of button created on std screen? if so then what operation are you using in EnventHandler of button.

waiting for your reply

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really appreciate your answers and tracing. Let me tell you more specifically what I have:

I need to be able to define the personnel's skills taking as reference the standard BO "Employee", i.e I need to define the skills (through an Advanced List Pane) of the employees recorded in the system. To do this, I did the following:

- I created a custom BO named PersonnelSkills, which have an ID (to reference the employee ID) and a node (to record the employee's skills).

- I created an EC and added an ALP, which is bound to the custom BO "PersonnelSkills".

- Finally, I created an XBO of the namespace: Business Partner and the BO: Employee. This to be able to enhance the screen where the employee's information is presented to add the EC with the employee's skills. I enhanced the Floor Plan: persfileoifmx (this is the screen that I need).

However this screen doesn't have any public outport, so I can't add the EC to this screen.

As a second option to do what I need, I added a button to the section group "Personal Data":

However, as I told you before, I can't specify the configuration of the button to be able to send a parameter, in this case, the employee ID.

I really hope you can understand what I am trying to tell you.

Thanks

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, now you have given a better picture, though I have not tried your way.

However as a workaround to pass data into your custom BO, you can do one thing

that, in aftermodify of Custom BO retrieve the employee BO node using ID(or any unique ID).

You also can use query to fetch data from Employee BO and then assign required element value into your custom.

same thing you can be apply in any action and could be trigger by button.

Hope this will work!!!

Regards:

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

However, how can I know which Employee ID have I selected? I can create a query from my custom BO, but how can I obtain the information of the employee that I need in a specific moment (using ID)? Because this I told you that I need to transfer the ID to be able to show the information of that employee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have your embedded component, to bind the embedded component select outport

"EmpOpenOpenByKeyOu" and in the Navigation configuration tab select Outport parameter

EmployeeUUID and bind with inport parameter of EC. In your data model bind this parameter with ID.

Now You can use StdBO. Retreive(this.ID) in your CustomBO's aftermodify.

I Hope this will work.

Regards:

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also trying to call preview form on OBN link but i am unable to call Preview selected Form  on OBN link click