cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select material from big material list in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In optical industry there are huge\big material list, for sap user its difficult to select material In sales order data entry - at ( va01- line item level),

Material description:-  1204356789 -  Plz SV 1.3 white 8.25 5.50

Lense type + Vision + Index + Size + color + Sphere + Cylnder  makes a Material code

PLS            + SV      + 1.3     + 55    + white +  8.25    +  5.50

in legacy system , List of values ( dropdown ) for above charactrstics( lense type, vision, index, color ...).  User selelct value from each list of values. and material automatically listed.

Any advise

Thanks

thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

In my opinion, variant configuration should cater to your requirement. As this will help you in saving effort for maintaining multiple material master and training users for the same.

There are lot of information available in for Variant Configuration.

With best wishes for new year,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI JP

i have no experience of Variant configuration.

In my scanario, inventory \ Pricing  is maintained up to material level including all following charactristics.

Material description:-  1204356789 -  Plz SV 1.3 white 8.25 5.50

Lense type + Vision + Index + Size + color + Sphere + Cylnder  makes a Material code

PLS            + SV      + 1.3     + 55    + white +  8.25    +  5.50

is this possible in variant configuration.

thanks

thomas

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Variant Configuration(VC) would suit your requirement. B'coz different permutation and combination of material characteristic would be combine together to go into one product which will be sold to the customer.

Further based on the chosen combination characteristics, VC provides a flexibilty of pricing.

If you don't have prior experience on VC, then you might to learn them. And one of the way to learn is refer SAP help & Building Block for the other industry on VC (as you might not get SAP Building Block to refer base line configuration for your industry).

Refer following link for your reference/understanding.

- Overview on Variant Configuration

With best wishes for new year 2013,

JP