cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scrap & by product

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello SAP gurus,

What is the differance between Scrap & By product. Bothe are wesatge but when to show by product & when to show scrap material in sap?

regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dev,

Scrap

1) Say for example if order qty is 10, Now if we Confirm this order in CO11N

2) in CO11N, in Yield we give as 8 qty & in scrap field we give 2 qty ( scrap )

3) so system assumes that this scrap 2 qty is waste ( it's lost for ever ) as per SAP

By-Product

1) By-Product is a product that is produced in Conjunction with other products

2) in BOM we maintain in Negetive qty

3) so while confirmation By-product will be received Via 531 Movement type

on the whole it depends on Client Business whether to decide to go with Scrap or By-Product

Regards

Madhu Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to maintain Scrap as separate part number you have to define scrap as 'By-product'.If you not define Scrap as by-Product ,qty what you are confirming as scrap will be posted to cost center.

Regards,

Velmurugan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Velmurugan S

I had a query , as you are syaing that it will be posted to the cost centre but where I can see these entries.Can I see these entries in cost analyses sheet of the order. I checked this but no entries as such is appearing

Pls calrify ...

Regards

MB

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had a query , as you are syaing that it will be posted to the cost centre but where I can see these entries.Can I see these entries in cost analyses sheet of the order. I checked this but no entries as such is appearing

is there any suggestion for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP Scrap means stock will exhaust. Which means stock will not be transferred to any other material or stock will not be generated.

So if you want to generate scrap and you know the quantity of scrap it can be maintained as bi product .

If you have material which will be exhaust and no residue of that material will be ther then maintain that as scrap.

Regards,

Vishal