cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to schedule jobs dialy from Mon to Fri (even if the holidays come on Mon-Fri).Does anyone know what criteria I have to give in start condition?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might want to check out the Job Scheduling capabilities of SAP NetWeaver. You can find more information about this on SAP Service Marketplace under quick-link job-scheduling (http://service.sap.com/job-scheduling)

Kind regards,

Edwin Esser

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a standard SAP delivered calendar that has only saturday and sunday marked as holidays. Use that. When you are defining your job, check the box that says "periodic job", then in specify periods choose 'Daily'. In further options, choose your calendar from the drop-down and chek the button for do not run on holidays.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Srinivas: Can you please let me know what's the standard SAP calendar?

in further options there is an option saying:

Do not run on Sundays and holidays.

I am just wondering about Saturday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not near a system, so I cannot tell which one it is. But you can look at all the calendars using transaction SCAL. Look at each calendar and I think the description itself should be enough for you to find this calendar. If not you can always define a Z calendar with all the saturdays and sundays marked as holidays.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did create a new Calendar where I have unchecked Saturday and Sunday and Checked Public Holiday,now I am getting a message saying "No holiday calendar to be entered where public and workdays exist"

Actually, if the public holidays comes on mon-fri,then the jobs should be scheduled and if the public holidays comes on saturday and sunday then the jobs should not be scheduled. Any ideas? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why did you check public holidays and unchecked saturday and sunday? What you want is that the job should run on 5 week days and should not run on saturdays and sundays(no matter if it is a public holiday or not). So simply check saturdays and sundays as holidays and uncheck public holidays. The momentyou check public holidays, the system needs to know what the public holidays are for your region/company.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create your own calender in SCAL transaction, in workdays you select mon - frinday and public holiday also.

then assign the calender to SM36 (start date restrictions ) .

Hope this will work

Cheers,

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did the ansewrs help you? Can you please close the post if resolved?

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find out a calender which has holoday on Saturday/ Sunday. Schedule your joa as dialy job. On Restriction tab , put in the Calender Id . Aslo check the radiobutton

:Do not execute job on Sundays/ Holidays ". To check calender you can use tcode SCAL. If you donot have a calender that suits your need you can define a new calender as well.

Cheers.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Do you have an calendars in your system that reflect this? If so, then use that calendar. I don't know of any other way of doing this without using a calendar.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

We do have many calendars. In Calendar what do I have to check?

In the Calendar do I have to Check Public Holiday and Uncheck Saturday and Sunday?