Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling in production order

former_member406212
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all hi,

I have a production order which takes 5 working days to complete the production qty of 10 units.

When i select the forward scheduling & enter the start date 01.01.2008, then the system is correctly calculating the basic finish date as 06.01.2008.

but when i select backwards & enter the basic finish date as today 28.12.2007, the system is scheduling the basic start date as today but not scheduling backwards as i require it to be 23.12.2008

please help.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when the system tries to schedule backwards with the date as todays date,

it checks for the available capacity, and the capacity calculation cannot be done for the time that was passed, because logically you cannot have the start date of production as today and process it yesterday.

Please try using the date as 01.01.2008 as end date and schedule backwards and see the results.

Hope this helps you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaiz

This is very clear, that u'r system does not allow order start date in the past. If u want to make the order start date in the past, then make the settings in OPU3 and OPPQ Trasanctions

Reward Points , if Usefull

Regards

Palaniappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shaiz,

This what std sap works during teh backward scheduling.

During backward scheduling if system find order start in past, system takes today date is new order start date.

if u want to schedule in past give the Number of days in "start in the past" a OPU3 for ordertype/palnt combination

regards

pradeep

former_member406212
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks pradeep,

but i couldn't find in opu3 transaction where in i can define the number of back order days.

please reply.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give Number days to start in past from today date at " start in the past" field under "scheduling conrtol for detailed scheduling'' at OPU3.

Now system schedule in past date upto allowed number of days, if start date of order exceeds numer days given, system schedule from today date.

i hope this will clear ur doubt, if yes close teh thread and reward.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shaiz

23.12.2007 is in past and how can an order start in past. This is what leading to some error

Count 5 days from today and keep that date as order finish and then u can see that order start date will be from today

Check this and revert

Rgds

Edited by: Vicky Khabrani on Dec 28, 2007 10:48 AM