cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenerio mapping For a CAN Industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The scenerio is the raw material is fed in at inlet to a automatic machine.It undergoes 4 operations

Folding , Checking(quality),Printing ,labeling the output is the CAN.At the output the cans are packed in to a pallet which has 50 cans for a pallet and a packing material.

The cans are stored in a pallet in a ware house.they recognise it with pallets.

Say they manufacture in can ,Sell in cans in storage through Palets

So how to map this scenerio.How to fix the material type.

Regards

Jayshankar.A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use base unit as CAN & alternative unit as Pallet.

Then give Pallet as WM Unit in Warehouse management view.

So the stock in IM will be displayed in CAN & In WM it will be displayed as Pallets.

Hope this will help.

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Yeah but WM is not implemented.One morething is once the can is mfd its been paked on to a pallet with a plastic wrapper.this cost also should be taken into account.

I hve decided to give pallets as finished goods and semi for cans but they dont maintain any stock of cans in their inventory and if i mention it as operation also afetr packing i will take gr as pallets.

This is iam facing complexity.

Jayshankar.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per you details they are saling in CANs. I want to know one thing Are they saling loose CANs ? I mean to say Half Pallets OR part quantity of Pallets.

If they are saling full pallet always than you can maintain sales unit as CAN & maintain rounding.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing is material type like

Material Material type

-

R01(Raw material is fed) ROH

Palates ROH

Packing material Packing

CAN FERT.

Create BOM for CAN material, Create routing.

Regards

Vijay

Edited by: vijay pawadi on Jan 30, 2009 10:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hope this will help

you use fix lot size for production 50, so whenever ur taking GR production order u take it as 50. and use standard material types.