cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sceduling dates of Pld order based on no of individual members of capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am working on scenarion where in mechanical workshop there are groups of machines. In SAP say lathe machine we have configured as single work center with individual capacity = 5 to represent 5 individual & identical machines in the factory.

Lead time of item is 5 hrs per piece and hence MRP works as follows

if qty = 1 , order lead time is considered as 5 hrs but if qty is = 100 then it is taking 500 hrs.

This behaviour is even though standard, it is not acceptable. Is there any workaround so that system will consider the individual capacity & will give lead time 500 / 5 ( no of capacities) = 100 hrs,

Your suggestions / solution will be highly apprciated

Thanks in advance

Mangeah A. Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

I hope you must have created Routing -CA01 where you will be assining the Work Centre ( For exapmple : Leath Machine ) .Now as your work cenytre has indvidual capacity 5 , you need to spilitt the total number hours (500) to each individual capacity .To achieve this , you need to goto Routing Operation Overview -Select the Operation where you have assing the Leath Machine as Work Centre -Double Click on the same -In the Down of the Routing Operation Detail Screen , you will find Splitt Required Option -Mark Splitt Required Check box and Enter Number of Splitt=Total Individual Capacity

( in your case it will be 5 -maximum number of individual capacities where the operation is to be processed in parallel.)

Now , calcualte and very fy the same after MRP run what is the estimated Planned Hrs in Planned Orders or subsequenet Production Order .

Hope it clarifies

Regads

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiaul Haque & K.Madhu Kumar

Thanks for immediate response to fix issues at my end. Based on your suggestion, I have activated split in the routing & it is working good for scheduling dates by MRP. However I am facing issue in capacity requirement generation. It is genarating capacity requirements abruptly which is causing problem in Capacity planning

Could you please help me on this? Thanks a lot for yr help

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Jiaul Haque & K.Madhu Kumar

>

> Thanks for immediate response to fix issues at my end. Based on your suggestion, I have activated split in the routing & it is working good for scheduling dates by MRP. However I am facing issue in capacity requirement generation. It is genarating capacity requirements abruptly which is causing problem in Capacity planning

>

> Could you please help me on this? Thanks a lot for yr help

Dear,

MRP will do only material availability, MRP will not check Capacities. this is Standard SAP

Only in APO this is possible

For capacities issues you need to manually adjust via Capacity leveling

More over it is seen that your initial query is solved

So close this thread & raise an new thread for new queries.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I was not able to communicate properly in earlier response. I am not expecting R/3 system to do capacity planning & levelling. and what I was trying to say that capacity requirements generated by MRP scheduling after putting split in routing are not correct. These are abrupt in manner. Expectation is that capacity requirement should be genarated in line with scheduling irrespective of overloading & under loading which will be taken care by manual capacity levelling in R/3

Please let me know I am able to explain the issue correctly.. Thanks a lot once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> I think I was not able to communicate properly in earlier response. I am not expecting R/3 system to do capacity planning & levelling. and what I was trying to say that capacity requirements generated by MRP scheduling after putting split in routing are not correct. These are abrupt in manner. Expectation is that capacity requirement should be genarated in line with scheduling irrespective of overloading & under loading which will be taken care by manual capacity levelling in R/3

>

> Please let me know I am able to explain the issue correctly.. Thanks a lot once again

Dear Mangesh,

Still i am not able to understand your query

Let some experts come into the picuture and reply

But as per your initial reply you mentioned that splitting option is working as per your requirment.

Good Luck !!

Regards

Madhu

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh ,

MRP does requirement planning keeping in-finite capacity and carry out Lead Time Scheduling only based on the selection indicator and rouning operation times .It does not perfom Detail Capacity Availability Check and finite scheduling of planned or production orders .This is an Standar SAP functionality .

To carry out the Capacity Analysis after MRP , you shoul dhave Capacity Requirement Planning in Place or As Mr.Kumar correctly said based on your requirement that If you want adop this functionality during the MRP , then you have implement SAP SCM Module which includes APO-SNP /PPDS n lot many .

I think you can disuss this point in SAP APO forum and will get correct answer .Specially , you can discuss on APO -SNP/PPDS where detail caapcity planning happens duing the material requirement planning in a intregrated system called R/3-CIF-APO .

Hope it clarifies

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

There is some strange problem in capacity requirement generation in my system, for which I am opening the new thread. This issue misguided me in analysis of split analysis. I am closing this thread Thanks for yr support.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

Yes this is possible via splitting option

Check the below links, instead of labor work center your case would be machine work center

[;

[;

Regards

Madhu