cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Tcode taking lot of time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPGurus,

We are facing issue wherein users of certain region are facing problem using the SAP system. For example when trying to load certain cProjects on the system it takes lot of time to display the output. Its a ERM system basically SAP ECC6.0, please suggest how should I find out the RCA as I have already tried and check the following which are in good status.

1. Data buffer quality

2. CPU and Swap Utilisation

3. No jobs in Waiting status

4. Maximum Dialog wp are in waiting status

5. No Sap and DB lock found

6. No Update request hanging

Note:- Only one WP is in Waiting status but in Error 01 I dont think so it should affect the whole system performance. This happened on 23rd Oct can we check some data from SAP for this date which lead the system performance to degrade on this day?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can do two things:

1 - Perform a runtime analysis of the transaction using the Tx SE30

Here you can find out where the transaction is spending more time ABAP, database or system.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30864e70-77b9-2c10-449b-e0e584f73...

2 - Run the SQL trace using the Tx ST05

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5a1de990-0201-0010-8d83-a06bdda1d...

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Basically when the users try to load some project which are big or small, small projects gets loaded easily but the bigger ones is the headache which takes time to load. If you check the initial messsage of my post. To clarify more now be it any user in any region when he/she tries to load such big projects the system hangs or take hell lot of time to execute. Therefore I guess they are not using any tcodes which are taking long time to execute(Sorry for the headline of the post). Please suggest what can we check from the application level or os or db which would help us to find the RCA. As of now we found that there are certain jobs like MRS Availability transfer job which are taking to time to complete there variants. Any suggestion from your end.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to convince your team that sql trace is a one time activity which is crucial for analyzing the cause of load on resources. if you are not allowed to analyze then how you are supposed to provide resolution to the problem.

MRS (Multi Resource Scheduling) transfer job, check with your PP consultants what is the purpose of this job. if possible try to schedule the job in non business hours.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek

To clarify more now be it any user in any region when he/she tries to load such big projects the system hangs or take hell lot of time to execute.

So the problem looks more like an issue with the amount of data that is used. In that case you might have to check whether the hardware is properly sized or not.

If the business is not willing to perform the SQL tracing or runtime analysis then the best option would be to get the test system refresh with the latest backup of production and test it there.

If the test system was recently refreshed then you may perform the tracing there.

All you need to do is ask the application team to provide you the steps to reproduce the issue with the same inputs which they used when they faced the error.

Regards

RB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishekh,

I agree with rahul, what he said you need to inform the users that using trace you will be able to help not only the user but also the developer or functional team that why there are some programs or projects is taking such long time.

Based on the analysis the development team can provide some fixes.

As per the starting issue ( I would like to inform you to check the network connectivity as there might some issues related to network due to which it takes more time uploading things.

The above thing which you are facing even i faced the same issue, at a point i was stuck like you, But i made struggle and with the help of trace i was able to trace where the things are taking time and was helpful for functional team.

Regards

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nizam,

Thank you for your interest but there is no issue with the Network side. They say that the Latency level is well below the SLA, so we cannot comment anything on the Network side. I'll try to convince my team again to apply trace.

Could you please share what was the main cause which you found in your trace.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

while tracking the trace in the customized programs i was able to found like users who are updating data into the database. why it is taking long time where based on the condition which you brief in the customized program like for ex. Select * form this table, anothertable,like wise multiple table.

I was able to tell them. if you select * from a single table it pulls the whole data and if you are looking for same condition in other table it takes more time.

For more help just run a trace with any sample user running and just try to show them that knowingly or un-knowingly they select more tables which rather end up in consuming more time.

Hope this clairfies you.

Regards

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I got interested from your remark " wherein users of certain region are facing problem using the SAP system". I infer from your remark that only a section of users belonging to a specific location are getting troubled with this issue. the foremost thing to do is ask your IT management or Network Management type to check with the network connection of that area. May be that the network or infrastructure needs to be upgraded.

You can always analyze the Tcode from SAP end. just start a SQL Trace via Tcode ST05. the SQL trace enables you to check which statements of the program are taking more time for execution.

Using the selection buttons provided, set which trace functions you wish to have switched on (SWL trace, enqueue trace, RFC trace, table buffer trace).

If you want to switch on the trace under your user name, choose Trace on.  If you want to pass on values for one or several filter criteria, choose Trace with Filter.  Typical filter criteria are: the name of the user, transaction name, process name, and program name.

Now run the program to be analyzed.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Could you please guide how exactly should I apply the trace going into ST05. I mean which all things to be considered. I haven't applied trace before.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritos

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As the system is a production system which is already hanged team is not allowing me to run the trace thinking that this would deteriorate the performance further. We have found that there some jobs which run during night which take lot of time to complete there respective variants.These jobs are "MRS Availability transfer job ". Any suggestion?

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh