Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S/4 HANA Public Cloud / Implementation of Express Delivery Service

LukasKuhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,
we have the requirement to check if its possible to implement Express Delivery Service in a Public Cloud setting. Specifically our customer wants to send their products to their customers via UPS or DHL. They also want to be able to assign DHL or UPS to a sales order or shipment. 
I am new to this topic and i would appreciate any help on how or even if we can implement this in the Public cloud.
Thanks for all responses in advance.

Best regards
Lukas

View Entire Topic
Hardeep_Tulsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello LukasKuhn . SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) extensions offers functionality to build extension applications where you can integrate with external applications such as Express Delivery Service DHL etc. Maintain Extensions on SAP BTP  

Extensibility and Integration are two core functions that help you digitize your business and adapt your SAP S/4HANA Cloud solution. Integration can be enabled through the SAP  Cloud Platform Integration service or other third-party applications.  You can learn more with Documentation

In this scenario you can integrate these external delivery systems like DHL via API calls or services and assign them to sales orders or shipments.

You can set up  integration that can allow pull and push functionality with real-time order tracking, providing rates, printing shipping labels, etc .  As example you can pull information from DHL Express - MyDHL API

You can then update information in S/4HANA Cloud. You can refer to Sales API Documentation

Sales Order (A2X, OData V4) API to update sales orders from external systems for information.

Configuration will be  needed to set this express delivery service  update which would typically depend upon the business requirement. This process would likely involve a  customization as per the business needs and the functionality required.

You can also check the other API like Manage Outbound Deliveries

SAP Integration Suite  is platform-as-a-service that helps businesses seamlessly connect and integrate their applications, data, and processes within their organization and beyond. You can review the available integration packs and customize it to accelerate integration development with out-of-the-box integration packs for end-to-end scenarios.

SAP Integration Suite is available in your trial account, SAP BTP, Cloud Foundry environment.

Hope this helps.

LukasKuhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you @Hardeep_Tulsi for your help. Sadly the first two links of your answer dont work. Could you provide me the links again or direct me to where i can find the information.
Best regards
Lukas