Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP policy on use of create,alter, insert and drop in queries

mk3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am somewhat new to sap b1 queries.

I understand that it is against the SAP policy to use create,alter, insert and drop in queries. Using them can result in withdrawal of support.

However, I am coming across queries in the forum that do use commands like insert and drop.

So, I am wondering, is it indeed possible to use such kind of queries which are in the public domain without SAP withdrawing support.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mkshah

former_member188958
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mkshah,

Your question is more about application policies for SAP Business One than it is about the SQL language. However, your question is only tagged with "SQL". I recommend you add the tag "SAP Business One" to reach people who are familiar with its rules.

Cheers

-bret

mk3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bret,

Thank you for your kind advice. Done as suggested.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hdolenec
Contributor

Please check this thread:

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/07/28/guidelines-for-modifying-sap-business-one-data/

You are not allowed to perform any update/insert/delete ect. on any system table or UDT. You are only allowed to do it if UDT is "No object" or "No object with auto increment".

That being said, many people use update for UDFs in system tables on regular basis. The idea is that you must not create DB inconsistency that will affect system performance, and the chance of doing so by updating UDF is very low.

Regarding insert/delete, I wouldn't recommend it for document type UDO because you will probably mess up document numeration from NNM1 and that could lead to DB crashing.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Johan_H
Active Contributor

Hi M k shah,

Your B1 company database has system tables (ORDR, OCRD, OPOR, etc, etc) and fields (DocNum, CardCode, etc, etc), and User Defined Tables (@TABLENAMETHATYOUDETERMINED) and Fields (U_fieldnamethatyoudetermined).

DROP table is NEVER allowed, nor is adding, or editing tables, or fields using the MS SQL Server Management Studio.

INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE commands are NOT allowed on system fields in system tables.

INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE commands are allowed on User Defined Tables and Fields.

To automate processes using system tables and fields, you will need to use the DI API.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member

Hello,

Yes it is not allowed to make any Create, Update or Delete operation directly on data base, you can use DTW or SDK to Create / Update the bulk transactions.

Regards,

Taseeb Saeed