Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PA 61 Authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need advice on the following :

I have two different users (User A and User B) that are currently using a standard screen PA 30

The diffrent between these two users are User A have full authorisation access to do the transaction.

Meanwhile user B is only allow to create leave for their cost center only.

Because we are not using a standard screen, we implemented PA61 where by user B will allow to create the staff leave according to given cost center

However during implementation, I identified that user can change and delete.

Is there a way in a standard screen to deactivate this two icon header such as change or delete

If this is impossible can authorisation level help to allow user to only create leaves

Some one help me

Thank you

or delete

in the header document or is there an authorization level where only
the second user only can create the document.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundralingam

I see that there is lot of healthy discussion going on.. let me know if u do the same steps to achieve the possible outcomes, as Tom & Mithun explained it quite well.

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradyp,

Tom and Mithun indeed helped me..

TQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

trace user b activities with st01 and assign objects result with special role for him 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you can do is work with transaction variants to create a new pa30 or pa61 where you deactivate some buttons (like modify or delete).

A document can be found here:

Hope this helps.

Kr,

Tom

PS: on a side note: if the user creates a new leave record and there is already an existing leave record, nothing will prevent him from overwriting (i.e. delete or change) an existing record...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I tried creating a new variant but it still allow me to use the function change and delete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundralingam,

Please check the BADI - HRPAD00AUTH_CHECK   (HR: Authorization Check) and try restricting the user while he/she selects the Change/Delete button in PA61 transaction .

Hope this solves your issue.

Regards,

Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mithun,

Can you explain more as I'm not well verse in Bapi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in you variant, did you remove the change and delete buttons?

I tested this in our environment (PA30) and go the following (as you can see the buttons delete and change are no longer available):

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundaralingam,

If you are not sure of BADi you can also control the same via role which you have assigned to the user.

There are two users USER A & B who have different authorizations in system. Use will be assigning roles to both the users while assigning the roles create two roles in this case one for USER A and other for USER B.

Where in USER A will be given full authorization such as Read,Write,Change etc while USER B will be having only Read authorization.

Do ask your Basis consultant to assign the appropriate roles in such a way you can control it easily.

There are other options such as Customer exit , BADI and Creation of transaction variant also as suggested by Tom.

But i think easiest way is through role as you are not sure of other methods. Hope this solves your issue.

Regards,

Mithun k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mithun,

I have tried creating two user role with two authorisation level.

For user A  when I give access to Read , Write, change etc testing was ok.

For user B when give access to Read, the user cannot do anything except display..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

This is what I exactly want.. Please help me.

If can, can you please provide me the step by step guideline. preferable with Screen shot.

I tried to create Variant but the Menustrip is highlighted in grey.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here are some screenshots.

Hope this helps.

=> press the create button

=> press menu functions

=> deactivate mod and del

=> save

=> go to se93

=> select cross client

=> a new transaction code is born 🙂

Kr,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sundaralingam,

Then can you explain the requirement clearly again you told that change/delete USER B must not be able to do and in case if he/she needs authorization for creating then add the create authorization to the role of the USER B which solves your issue.

Regards,

Mithun k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I tried for PT60 transaction but i am not able to do it is there any restriction interms of transaction code.

But i was able to do for PA30,PA61 etc

Regards,

Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mithun,

My requirement is simple. I have two users ; user A and user B..

If I were to use TCode PA30 followings are my requirements :

User A will be the main key user that does HR works (Administration,Payroll, leaves and etc). Therefore the authorisation access will be full.

User B will be from other department. Their access should be given to create Leave Absences and Display Absence Quota.They are not allow to view other tabs such as Basic personal data, Contract data, Gross/net payroll and etc.. Only can view  Time Data that have access to Absences and Absence Quotas. As an additional, the header menu icon change and delete should not appear. (Similar to the below print screen)

Hence if I were to use TCode PA61 user are allow to change and delete due to the standard screen. Therefore at the header menu, change and delete icon should be deactivate nor should not appear..

I hope this has made you more clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I followed you print screen. However in my screen there is no Menu Functions tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundarlingam,

I think you have not followed the steps correctly please find the screen shots below and follow the same you can achieve the result.

After deactivating press Exit and save button then create the transaction variant and this solves your issue.

Hope the above screenshots are clear for you.

Regards,
Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Yes i did managed to get the icon to be deactivated.. Thanks so much..

But when I click at overview the list of absences together with change and delete icon

Can this be deactivated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundarlingam,

You can easily achieve this also by the same transaction SHD0 and same method enter a personnel number and infotype in PA61 then click on Overview icon which in turn there will a pop-up will appear where you just press continue button until the overview screen is been displayed and in that screen just click on any icon then you will get a pop-up where you do the changes as shown below,

Hope this solves the issue.

Regards,

Mithun k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I tried for PT60 transaction for making a field as non-editable but i am not able to do it is there any restriction in terms of transaction code.

But i was able to do for PA30,PA61 etc . Could  you please guide me on this...

Regards,

Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

I tried doing your way but I'm still unable to deactivate the change and delete icon..

Please guide..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shreeram,

Is the same process i have attached some screen shots so that it would be clear for you,

Enter SHD0 transaction and enter the T.code and variant and then click on create button where the bellow screen occurs,

Hope this give you a more detailed explanation .

Regards,

Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

I did follow your instruction but did not get to the 1st screen of yours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundarlingam,

The first screen which i have shown in the previous message is after entering the Transaction code and transaction variant in SHD0 transaction you will be clicking on the create button and after that you will be able to see PA61 blank screen and do enter the Personnel no, Infotype and click on overview icon then follow the steps as i have told in previous thread.

Hope this solves the issue.

Regards,

Mithun k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Finally I have done it.. Thank you for your kind assistant... It was a great help.

Tom,

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundaralingam,

Good to know you have done it finally..

Regards,

Mithun K