cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCM Timesheet || Timesheet data upload into SAP from 3rd party tool

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having a requirement from my client to configure SAP in such a way that timesheet data will upload into SAP directly from 3rd party tool. My client is currently using 3rd party application for swipe in/out. Txt file is getting stored in Application Server. And then using another 3rd party application for time and payroll processing. Now we want to upload time data directly into SAP.

Could you please provide me how can I configured this process in SAP? What will the process? How time data will get reach into SAP? In infotypes(2001/2002/2011) or directly into CATS?

Steps if any?

It will be great help.

Thank you.

hrmanagerde
Active Participant

Hi Pratik,

that depends on the data and what you want to do with it. If you put it in CATS you could use the data in CO or PS if your data contains relevant information like receiving cost centers, projects and so on. If it is only clock-in/ clock-out and absences, CATS might not be the best place to store it.

BR,

Armin

0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

Thank you for the response. Could you please tell me about process and config steps if we want to upload only swipe in/out data in SAP? How time data will get reach into SAP? If we can upload in Infotypes, please share me infotypes which we can use.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hrmanagerde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

the standard interface for swipe in/ out data is called HR-PDC.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13574319/homologatedapproved-clocks-for-hcm-time-management.html?c...

If your 3rd party tool has it, fine. If not, some coding is required to get your data from the flat file into the relevant tables.

You can upload absences into 2001 and attendances into 2002 using some abap coding - but usually the tricky part is the process of updating/ changing/ deleting and bringing those changes to SAP.

BR,

Armin

0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

Thanks for your reply. I will check with Client for HR-PDC interface.

Could you please share me the important/mandatory fields which should come from 3rd party tool to SAP along with file(to upload into IT2002)?

Also what is TEVEN? Will this also comes under this implementation?

Thanks. BR, Pratik.

Answers (0)