cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCM General Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I started my training few weeks back and am kinda confused as to what core are to specialize in. Could anyone provide me with ideas or suggestions as to what module is most readily available in the job market, the one with the highest pay scale and the easiest one to configure.

Also, I would appreciate a specification as to the configuration of the beginning and end of each different module e.g The payroll area, Is the PA/OM person the one to create a Payroll area or the Payroll person?

Thank you all so much.

Katie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai Katie

as the simple logic goes the more the difficulty the more pay.

time and pay roll are comparatively tough when compared to OM and PA

buit if the right concept is understood and analysed things will be a bit easier.

as functional consultant u need to do everything as far as i know

pay roll area can be created by anybody whether pay roll consultant or OM consultant. but if payroll is implimented then it will be payroll consultant.

regards

nalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Nalla,

Do you by any chance know the specific nodes to look for in PA/OM/PD, TM and Payroll? There seems to be so much that I get exhausted as to what to concentrate on. I started off with Enterprise Structure from Copying of Company code to Personnel Mgt-----Personnel Admin, and then I just got really tired. Very overwhelming. If you don't mind or anybody else on the forum, kindly provide ideas on where to burn my energy LOL!.

Also, how easy is it for a fresher like me with about 2 yrs experience as an SAP end-user to land that first job as a Consultant.

Thanks everyone.

Katie

Former Member
0 Kudos

well Katie, the more time u spend looking at the system, more u become familiar with navigation. so its advisable to to familiarise yourself with navigation slowly..most of the things u access through IMG navigations can be directly accessed thru direct transaction codes and tables etc.

try to build ur own logic for various nodes as to why they are there in that area etc...as such there are grouped based on certain logic..u will know once you explore more.

take things slowly..its just matter of practice and patience. as others mentioned Payroll, Time are lil complex areas compared to rest of them. build ur basics strong..i wld advice to strengthen skills on OM , PA then slowly move to rest once u gained confidence.

most config docs are avilable at

http://www.easymarketplace.de/online-pdfs.php?Area=4asu&name=volker&pw=vg&;

if you are looking at anything specific..search here...and also search previous threads in this forum b4 posting any query ,probably it may have been answered earlier.

landing a job is just the matter of confidence...and there is nothing like perfect preparation to prepare for an interview or a right time to look for jobs...

hardwork,determination,confidence and lil bit of pursuasive skills will land u a job.

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Hruser for your encouraging words,

If I may ask, are you a Functional Consultant? and what's your area of specialization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome Katie for me its easier to say what i am not..i am NOT a Payroll consultant. Rest all i managed at one time or the other. i do dabble with Technical stuff as well...so i am not strictly a Functional Consultant.