cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 IDES Upgrade to EHP8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had recently installed ( about 6 months Back to be Specific ) SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 IDES system.

My company is planning to Upgrade the same System on EHP8.

I searched through the support portals for EHP8 media and found some Upgrade Media for EHP8 but I'm still confused.

Can anyone help me on below points to get a clear head.

1. Is there IDES Version of EHP8 Available..??

2. Can the same IDES Version i:e EHP7 be upgraded to EHP8. Is the media available for the Upgrade and how will we go about it.

If anybody has anything important to share along with the question, it will be really grateful.

Thanks & Regards,

Xherdan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you read the SAP note 799639 - IDES - General Information about the usage of IDES systems?

Here is what the note says:

>>

Support Packages / Upgrade / EHPs

IDES specific Support Packages do not exist.

Patching and Upgrade of IDES systems are no longer supported. IDES should only be operated as a seperate installation. Each new release requires a new installation!

Due to the complexity of the IDES systems and the number of preinstalled components/AddOns it is not possible any more to generate a consistant maintenance (MOPZ) within the Solution Manager. Because of this technical restriction we recommend to wait for coming IDES versions/releases.

Kernel Updates / Kernel Patches are recommended!

<<

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer.

I guess i have a clear head now.

Since the Installation media is not available for IDES EHP8 and  we cannot upgrade the current EHP7 to EHP8 as per the note (SAP note 799639 - IDES - General Information about the usage of IDES systems), we will have to wait for the complete media to be available for EHP8

One Last question: when can we expect the IDES Installation media for EHP8 ??

Thanks & Regards,

Xherdan

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Until now the there has been IDES for all EHP's for ERP 6.0 and I believe it should be the same for EHP 8 as well unless SAP has some reasons known only to them.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xherdan,

You have to create a stack file from maintenance planner for your system.

Then you have to use the upgarde media presents in the SMP and it will be asked by the SUM tool itself.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply