cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EH&S for ELV regulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been doing study on EH&S module. I am looking for some solution for ELV regulation that requires tracking of substance volume. Though there are compostion screen in EH&S value assignments, how to track the overall volume usage of these substance. Have any one of you come across such a requirements. If so please let me know

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at TechniData's Compliance for Products solution. It takes care of certain aspects of product compliance like ELV, RoHS, JIG or GADSL.

It is using the EH&S specification database. <a href="http://www.technidata.de/eu/compliance_for_products/iisstart.php">http://www.technidata.de/eu/compliance_for_products/iisstart.php</a>

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

Apart from the techinidata solution, do you know any means by which substance volume can be tracked with specification database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently working in substance volume tracking for european REACH implementation, using the SVT enhancement desribed in SAP note 905726.

Another way to implement volume tracking would be to extract composition data from EHS and transfer it in BW (a standard data source is available). Then, you can link compositions to materials and calculate volumes using data from SD or MM.

J.Pommet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pommet,

Thanks a lot for pointing out this enhancement. Its good to know that you are working on EU REACH regulation. That is another regulation I have been trying to model within logistics. I am going to check this SVT and try configure accordingly.

Thanks

Pugazh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pommet,

We have the required setting for SVT but not getting the required results when we are running the report.

We want to clarify one doubt from our side. Let me try to explain the scenaior we are trying out.

We created a Specification for Carbon, substance to want to track. This carbon has been added to another Specifiction's composition screen , this subsntace is "Grey Iron". We have associated this Grey Iron Sepcfication to a Material called "Center Housing". In short we have done this

Material Center Hosing -

> Specification Grey Iron (Connected thru Material Assigment Tab in substance workbench)-----> Specification Carbon

In the classification we have enabled SVT class for Material Center Housing

Now when i raise purachase order against material Center Housing with the limit that will cross the consumption of Carbon and run the report of SCT, the report is not catching this PO.

Can you please tell us if we are doing steps correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that :

1) the composition has been transfered in the SVT table CCRCT_EHS_COMP using the report RREGCH_FILL

2) the quantity purchased has been calculated using the report RREGCH_VT

3) the goods purchased must be imported in Europe (this is the standard setup delivered by SAP or Technidata).

I hope that will help you.

J.Pommet