cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DEVELOPMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guys,

I want to practice SAP development, i have gathered alot of material on the net some say i need ABAP, others java others VB.net ,others hata HANA cloud, can someone out there help me what do i need for SAP development environment, i mean the IDE and compiling/interpreter/run time environment.

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly confirm if this is resolved,  If your thread is closed then close the thread with correct or helpful answers.   Cheers!!!

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Check the below link it may helps you for Addon writing. 

With Regards

Balaji Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed SAP B1 version 9.1 what next, i know my company is opting for SAP and tomorrow they will want a full time developer even if we contract a partner to do for us.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

SAP Business One is a different product than all other SAP softwares. The ABAP language that you have been told about is used in most all classic SAP softwares. However, it has nothing to do with Business One.

Business One uses interfaces (drivers) that you can reference in .NET code (for example VB and C#), and in almost any other coding language as well.

If you have experience with coding in .NET, it is relatively easy to develop for Business One. If your company opts for Business One on the HANA database, you will need to learn SQL coding language for HANA, if they opt for the normal MS SQL Server database, you will need to learn the MS SQL coding language as well.

regards,

Johan