cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certification through online - Pl suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please suggest me my course of action in the future as i am totally confused which road to take. I am in Cross Roads now. Please consider the following facts to give suggestions.

1. I am working as a FI/CO consultant.

2. I have MCA degree, not CA / ICWA/MBA(Finance). Don't be surprised. Based on my Domain Experience I got the job. (May be luckily). I did correspondence MCA while working.

3. I have registered myself for ICWA, now

4. I have joined MBA (Finance), now

Registering into anycourse is very easy. Finishing only is DIFFICULT.

5. I am thinking whether I should go for SAP certification.

Considering my weak point like not having any account related qualification, please suggest what should I do. Which option would be better for me, or which combination will help me.

One problem here is, since I am working I can't go to SEIMENS taking 25 working days leave and there is no hope that my company will sponsor me.

I heard about one institute in Mysore, Kauf, which offers online Certification Training and I can take up the exam there itself. They say they are giving certification training for ECC.

Please suggest whether this will be valid certification and whether this certificate will have value on par with SEIMENS certificate.

First of all which way shoud I go?

Full points for all good suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar:

If Kauf says they provide certification training training, it would probably just mean they will provide training for certification. I am pretty sure they cannot give you the certification.

As per my experience, you should be able to study by yourself, accounting background helps but is not a must. It will however take a little bit of time to get used to accounting terms. But it's no big deal. You can find all the documentation online (even on sdn)

help.sap.com is a good site to begin.

Once you are comfortable you can register just for the certification. If you do the self study, you wont need to take the time off.

Vj

Assign points if info helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vj,

Kauf is an authorized institute from SAP and the fees what we pay is directly to SAP only and not to Kauf and it includes Certification Exam fee and taxes.

But, it is online training, 300 hrs. we can go to the institute whenever we feel like.

The Fee is around Rs.1,70,000/- inclusive of everything.

And thank you for giving me some confidence.

And, for registering for certification exam, i think i need to work for one year or two years in the same company. I have to check up this.

More suggestions, if u hv, plz.

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar:

The training duration is appropriate. It is a good enough time to cover most of the things for certification.

But since you will require some experience, I would suggest to take the time to do self study. May be you'll find out you don't need to spend so much on training!

As I said earlier you can easily find study materials for certification. Here's the link for certification notes that is widely used:

http://abapcode.blogspot.com/2007/06/finance-controlling-sap-fico.html

Give it a try, you can join the training by Kauf anytime if u feel u need some extra inputs.

Vj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vj

Thanks for the URL link but I've had no success with the documents...

Do you have the documents or can you help me access them on-line?

Thanks and regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vj,

Thanks for the reply.

The material in the link provided is of Version 4.6C. Now, SAP is giving certification on ECC. Can you forward any material on ECC which helps for Certification.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Its great that you are working as FICO functional without Accounting academic background.

As you said, It is very easy to register couses like ICWA and difficult to finish, really you need spend and devot lot of time to understand the subject and get these qualification.

But if you put some reasonable effort and spend spare time, you can finish MBA finance or if you feel, it is time taking, then atleast go for Diploma in Finance which will you get quickly and help you.

Regarding Certification, Kauf is not authorised by SAP. SEIMENS and Genovate are only SAP Training partners. Please check them, whether they have got authorisation from SAP or its just certified by them privately.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Thank you,

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thank You So Much for your reply,

Kauf is an authorized Institute from SAP. Check the following URL.

http://www.sap.com/asia/services/education/centres/partners.epx

I think I can do MBA easily. I mean, I think i can spend time required for MBA.

The confusion is, as people say Certification may not help so well, for what I should give more importance, MBA, SAP or ICWA.

Somepeople say, You are already into a job. why do you go back and study all these. Instead of that you master SAP only. SAP is ultimate for your career they say. But, I feel without MBA(Finance) or CA or ICWA sometimes I may not qualify for an interview.

May be I feel, I can slowly study for MBA and concentrate more on SAP.

Plz. suggest.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Its nice to see that there are so many other institutes were there other than Seimens and Genovate. Thanks for the information. It is interesting.

I am extremely sorry for the wrong information.

As you said, the confusion will be there like either qualification or expertise or certification.

In short you require all these. I can only say since you have project experience, you may not require certification. But definitely qualification is important.

Even many employers were accepting the applications only required experience plus CA/ICWA/MBA FIN.

Regards,

Santosh Kumar V