cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One Integration Hub (Shopify)

farhath
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am using SAP Business One Integration Hub for Shopify. The synchronization of orders from shopify to SAP works very well when I synchronize one or two orders at the same time, The Sales Order, AR reserve invoice, Delivery and Incoming Payment are generated without any problem.

But when I have many orders to synchronize, I get the following error:

DI Error- (-10) Credit card code does not exist [RCT3.CreditCard][line- 1]-The di call #1 did fail.

I know for sure that my settings for the payments mapping are correct because as I said earlier when I import one or two orders the incoming payments are generated in SAP correctly, the issue begins when I have multiple orders to synchronize.

I am using PL38 and SAP Business One 9.3 PL13

Can you please help me identify the problem or is it a limitation of the system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_sharma22
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hasan,

Is this issue resolved or still you are facing. Please let us know.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pankaj_sharma22
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hasan,

It's not the limitation in the system. The system is capable to synchronize a large number of orders in one go.

Please ensure you have mapped the Shopify payment method in the payment mapping screen under Shopify settings. Also, Credit Card Payment methods must be defined for credit cards those are mapped against the Shopify payment methods.

If the issue still exists, raise the support incident.