cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Business One - Close a Bank Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone point me information on how to close a Bank account, so no furthur activity (payments / checks ) can be created using the closed account.  I do not see an Inactive/Active selection on the House Banks setup menu.

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unless I miss understand you, you should be able to select the account under the chart of accounts and then after it is highlighted, select account details on the bottom left hand side and then change the account from active to inactive, click okay.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Jason's answer but you must make sure that the bank account balance have been zero or reconciled with bank statement.

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank-you for your responses!!   I can see that inactivating the g/l account will prevent new payments from posting to the bank account. That helps.  But the bank account number  remains in the dropdown list. The end user would like the closed bank account number not to appear mainly because they would like  bank account number  not to be shown on the screens. I'm not finding  a way to prevent displaying the closed bank account number.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

I am afraid you can't close the bank account yet you can remove it.

See the removal location or step in the screen shot belows:

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it good practice to remove an account that's been used before, even if it has been zeroed out?

Regards.

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear David,

I have similar problem with Kathy.and I only set the account code of my bank account in the COA.

to be inactive.

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I am of the opinion that any account that has had a balance (irregardless of it being zeroed out) should not be deleted or removed until you're 100% certain you will never use it again. That is good standard practice, i believe.

However, depending on entiy policies, in some cases country law or statute that governs the accounting policies, records can be deleted or removed at any time or after a certain period of time (i stand to be corrected)

I personally will always advise clients to rather just inactivate.

In Kathy's case, if they get a new user who wants to analyse the movements/history on that business partner. is it going to be easy for that user if the account is removed/deleted?

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yes, in general it is always good to make the entity inactive.

Best Regards,

Samir Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do not remove from the system kindly do the inactive .It is good practice

/A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy.......

You find the Locked Column under House Bank setup. Please lock it and hen try to do it.

Other way you  may Lock the GL Account Code for the Bank..........

Regards,

Rahul