cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 Suggestion for implementing San Francisco Soda Tax?

keshavabest
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a client request to implement the San Francisco Soda tax that is a flat charge rather than a percentage. It has been in effect for about 5 years so I'm hoping someone else has implemented this already.
https://sftreasurer.org/business/taxes-fees/sugary-drinks-tax#collapse-accordion-2124-2

SAP Business One 

View Entire Topic
BattleshipCobra
Contributor

Hello!

In this case your client is tracking this to pay it later?  If yes, then a query is probably the easiest way to do it.  Just mark items as sugar sweet in the item master, use this to filter document rows and include the shipping address info.  The client would then just accrue the amounts per month and pay out when necessary.

Or are you being charged this tax?  If you are being charged the tax then you could just make a non-inventory item linked to an offset account to accrue the value.  You could use something like B1UP to automate this better on the rows otherwise you would do it manually by adding up the number of containers.

If you need to charge it, same thing, a non-inventory item linked to the right account would probably work the way you want.

You could also use the row level freight designation and potentially an FMS setup to automate it.

In a USA localization it does not appear there is the functionality to do flat rate charges strictly with the tax code setup,

Mike

keshavabest
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response. We are trying to charging this tax to customers for shipments to the cities that are subject to this tax. I was hoping to use tax code determination with multiple rules for city and an Item UDF, but I cannot do a flat rate tax charge.

BattleshipCobra
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way to do this using tax code determinations in a USA localization (flat fees over percentage). So you should give that up.

Simplest way is a non-inventory item linked to the right GL account, then a user just adds it to the document and manually calculates the values.

With something like B1UP (an add-on) you could push a button and then some code would loop your document, find the totals and then add the item for you with the right values.

I have a B1UP demo here: http://b1updemo.battleshipcobra.com/

It would be worth checking it out, it will be more efficient than a custom add-on,

Mike

keshavabest
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you. I am familiar with B1UP and have considered it. I'm looking for a solution that automatically reduces the amount of the charge when a Sales Order is short-shipped and am considering a Sales BOM solution.
BattleshipCobra
Contributor
0 Kudos

I like the sales BOM approach and it may work. If you got the quantity linked together via BOM and then dynamically selected the price using an FMS query based on city I think this is something worth testing.

You can dynamically pull the city address for the ship to with this:

SELECT T0."City" FROM CRD1 T0 WHERE T0."AdresType" = 'S' AND T0."CardCode" = $[$4.0.0] AND T0."Address" = $[$40.0.0]

Could use a CASE statement to make sure the item is flagged as a charge item and then output the price by the city.

Good luck!