cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Add-On Connection failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have inhouse SAP Add-on installed on our server. When users log in to SAP everytime, SAP Addon tries to connect mandatorilly. But since last few days, I am not able to connect to the Add-on and gets followwing error:

"ERROR - Conenction fialed: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {6CF0D1E0-470B-4684-B9B570F9A5ACBB06} FIALED DUE TO THE FOLLOWING ERROR:80040154."

Can anyone please help me whats going on and where do you I need to look for the cause of error?

P.S: Only my machine is having problem in connecting to add-on. All other machines works fine with add-on.

Thanks,

Masoom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Massom, two more things to check, does this add-on come with some services that needs to be running? if so make sure all the its services are up and running.

Second is, does it have any expiration date or something on its licensing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masoom,

Please go Admin->Add-On Manager and ensure you add on is Connected. If not click on pending add-on tab and install it.

If it is not in pending add-on tab, then go to Admin->Add-On Admin and ensure your add-on is Automatic or Mandatory and ensure it is Active and you can turn on ForceInstall if you want to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Thank you for replying.

I see that Add-on has failed to connect and there are no items listed on Pending Add-on tab. Also, add-on is set to mandatory; and ForceInstall and Active fields are checked. But I am still facing the same issue, cannot connect.

Masoom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masoom,

Backup you db before you do anything.

1)Remove (uninstall) the add-on from Add-On Admin window.

Later register the add-on again and go through business as usual to install the add-on.

2)If above does not work then contact your add-on support people.

3)If there is no support then, remove (uninstall) the add-on then delete the folder where add-on is installed.

Then register and install the add on as if it is for the first time, and business as usual.

Note: There is a chance you will completely mess up the add-on depending upon how its install is working. Does it have its own external uninstall or install? then use it.

So please be careful. Above steps are based upon experience I had with SAP B1 free add-ons. I have not used third party add-ons.

Good luck.

Note: Also, sometimes restart of server and force install will help rather than complete uninstall and re-install. I believe you may have already tried this. When nothing works, that's when you delete the folder and install the add-on from scratch. Will it have any implications on previous data of add-on in SAP B1 DB? I am not sure, you have to ask vendor of add-on.

Edited by: Syed Aleem on Feb 28, 2011 6:02 PM