Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 10 B1: Web Client Extensions Install Error

former_member787017
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm following the lessons How to Develop Web Client Extensions for SAP 10 B1 section Creating a Business Partners Fiori App. When I build the app and try to load it in Extension Manager, I get the following error message

"Invalid vendor name; extension vendor name cannot contain special characters"

Do you know what file I should open in the project to validate the above error message?

Regards,

William

helen_he
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I encountered this same issue. Have you solved this issue yet? If yes, could you please shed me some ideas for this issue?

Thanks

former_member787017
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Nope. I still have this issue.

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear william2000,

You can create an incident for SAP Business One Support Team and get it investigated.

Kind regards,

ANKIT CHAUHAN

SAP Business One Support

former_member787017
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm doing a different role so I don't need support for this anymore. However, @Helen He if you still need help with this you can make a ticket to Ankit suggestion.

Regards,

William

vai
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This issue is occurred due to missing provider name. Please add provide name in mta.yaml file and then  build the solution. Please refer below screen shot.

vai_0-1716546419187.png

Also refere below link for your reference

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_BUSINESS_ONE_WEB_CLIENT/e6ac71d18c7543828bd4463f77d67ff7/3ddc9102b0fc4...

vai_1-1716546549197.png

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear william2000,

I would recommend to first check the help and follow the packaging guidelines exactly as mentioned.

Kind regards,

ANKIT CHAUHAN

SAP Business One Support

former_member787017
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

The thing is, the first exercise I was able to deploy the app to SAP no issue at all. Is the second app for the BP when I do the import I get the error message. I redid the exercise and get the same error message.