cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Size in Inspection Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For my query these are the data i entered.

• GRN qty 720 yds of fabric.

• In the Sampling scheme, with the inspection severity 2, i entered lot size 100, sample size 13, acceptance number 6 and rejection number 8 (Sampling Scheme 004).

• In the Sampling procedure as a Sampling Type i used, Use sampling scheme and for valuation mode i used Attributive inspection nonconf. units and attached the sampling scheme 004. (Sampling Procedure 005)

• In the Inspection Plan i used one characteristic and attached Sampling Procedure 005 to this characteristic.

1. when i view the inspection lot, in Sample Size qty filed 169 yds displayed. How did this figure calculated? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Hello Raju

Suppose you have a lot size of 10 having sampling size 5 with C1(acceptance number) 1 and D1(rejection number) 3

You have quantitative mic with single recording with a specification limit of 10 to 20

If in actual results if the 3 of the results is outside the spec limits the MIC as whole is rejected. If only 2 results are rejected the MIC stands accepted. The need of acceptance is that atleast one result should be in the acceptance region .

. This link will help u more in this

Link: [http://www.logis-tech.co.uk/BS_6001_Part_0.pdf]

Hope this explains

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Have u by any chance maintained the base quantity of sample as 13 in inspection plan.

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

thanx alot for the swift reply. yes i have. so i guess that 13 * 13 (169) is the answer.

can u please explain why we have to maintain acceptance number and rejection number?

when do those figures come to use?

thanks,

DTD