cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same number ranges for Service Master and Material Master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a doubt on number ranges for service master. I am wondering if these numbers are coming from the same pool of numbers used by material master.

Because, when we assign 990000001 to 999999999 for Service master, the material master should not use these numbers ( Possible only if they are coming from same pool of numbers)

Reason y i need this is, I dont want them to use same numbers i.e. we should be able to differentiate a material and a service. Please Reply soon.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using SAP External Services management, and not Service materials (DIEN) then , Service masters number ranges are based on Service Categories .

In OLMSRV , under Service master -> Define service categories, you define the Service categoies, then you define number range groups, then you assign the Categories to number range groups.(TCODE ACNR )

technically it is possible to assign the same number range to a material number range group as well as to a service number range group , hence you can have a situation that the Number for service and materials is same, but since not all people have acces to create and asign number ranges , it can be controlled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. Can you please tell me how can we control them ? because I want to differentiate a service and a material looking at their numbers. If they use the same number, we cannot differentiate. How do i solve this?

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply use different numberranges for both! Number ranges are not set in system by normal day to day users, they ared set by consultants in discussion with business. So not giving users acces to change/set the Numbe ranges is Control enough.

I have given the steps for service number ranges in above post. for material number ranges you can check in TCODE MMNR . here you assign material numberrange goups to material types.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravindra_mantri2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saril,

Basically number ranges are assigned to material types. So you will have separate material types for material as well as services and hence you can be able to assign different number ranges. This is a standard setting option available in SAP.

Thanks,

Ravi