Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Upload for more then 5000+ line items for single sales order create

ruchi_12
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I have to upload 5000+ items for single sales order,

I am using BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 where it is taking too much time to upload (more then 10 hrs for 5000 items / more then 4 hrs for 2000 line items to create single sales order) ,I have tried foreground and background both ways , But system is getting time out runtime error or running for hrs and hrs.

Please suggest me how to approach with this or any strategy i can apply for it?

Regards,

Ruchi

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Do an ABAP+SQL trace to analyze the reason of the performance issue (try with a lower number of line items, a total duration of 10 minutes is far enough to identify the root cause). Also look at SAP notes concerning performance issues during creation of sales orders.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

Out of sheer curiosity - what is the business process that requires the creation of such huge sales orders?

sukanyareddy123
Explorer
0 Kudos

I too wanted to know the solution for the same issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Are you aware that though you can have such huge line items in sale order, you cannot have it in billing. In billing document, you can have a maximum of 200 line items, assuming that you have standard configuration in FI where you will be having 4 line items per SD line item. Have a look at OSS note 1670486

ruchi_12
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have implement 855332 snote , but there is no increase in performance of BAPI. I did the ST12 trace too.

Please suggest if any alternatives I can apply.

Regards,

Ruchi

ruchi_12
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have created same program in another system , it uploading faster, in few minutes only.

Please tell what is lacking in that server.

Regards,

Ruchi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you post a query and give further updates, please add the content under "Comments" and not under "Answer" as you were not answering to a query but only providing additional informations as asked by the members. Also, when you add the text under Comments, it will be intimated to the person to whom you are responding whereas, if you add the text under Answer, the member will not be intimated. By the way, your above answer has been converted as comment by me.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor

Hi

There are some typical troubles, but I suggest to check some notes. The first is note Note 185530 - Performance: Customer developments in SD, specially developments related with note VBFA in userexits (type RV45AF* includes, BADI and other enhancements).

In the other hand, you can find troubles (if you are using it)

- Pricing. Check also VOFM subroutines related with pricing procedure (requirements, formulas,..). In the other hand, there are some notes related with pricing and BAPI's (see: 375016, 403065, 410907, 449068). These notes are related with how to handle the parameter LOGIC_SWITCH.

- Batch determination. See note 619911 - FAQ: Batch determination, question 12.

- COPA troubles. SAP Note 1351257 - INFO: PAOBJNR creation during SD process flow and Note 553626 - FAQ Note Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) (question 5)

- Credit Management. Check also tcode OVA8 if you are running credit management, maybe there are VOFM or you are using the userexits.

In the other hand, the best advice is to run a trace SQL and look at candidates to bottleneck.

I hope it helps you

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try uploading 1 sale order and debug the whole program, so that you can get some clue.