cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have maintained min(16) and max level (30)with reorer point for fert with 40 strategy ,now i have stock of 27 qty on today(28.01.2009),sales orders has come 16 pcs,obvisuosly it should consume stock ,then it should create planed order to fill max stock whn i run the mrp .

but in slaes order delivery date is 31.01.2009.so system is not giving the planed order,when i changed the delivery date to today sytem has given planed order.

without chnaging the delivery date in the sales order,is there anyway to consume the stock by sales order for future delivery date,even i maintained the forward consumprion period also but no use

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System is behaving porperly in your case. As the stock of 27 nos is avl on the MRP date, it is not trigerring any procurement proposals. As far as the delivery is concered which is on 31st Jan'09 system will be able to cater the sale order reqt with the stock avl 27 nos hence it is not trigerring procurement proposal for it. When you run the MRP on 31st Jan it will trigerr the reqt. as the stock of material is less than the minimum reorder level.

There is no way you can make the system to triger the reqt by consuming the stock for the future delivery date.

Hope this will help you.

regards

radhak mk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP PP,

Strategy 40 is a strategy for managing demand. I am not convinced you are going to get the business results you seek if you use Reorder point planning, which is a consumption based planning, alongside Strategy 40. The consumption parameters you see in strategy 40 deal with consumption of forecast (Independent Requirements), which you haven't mentioned.

If you want planned orders to be created imediately, based on future sales order demand, you probably should be using safety stock rather than reorder point.

Regards,

DB49.