cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order cancelled and new sales order with added components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is a MTO scenario.Lets say a product X was to be made .Now when the production was complete,the sales order got cancelled and a new sales order was generated for same product with 2 new components to be added,lets say A and B.

So now i have to use the finished good x and new components A and B for the new sales order.How will the costing of new product be done and how do i maintain the BOM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to create the new BOM CS01 for your new Product and in that you need to define component as X, A and B. Than define the the routing CA01also. Then take a costing run CK11N and update price in material master CK24.

So your new product will be costed by taking the value of X, A and B. So you will get correct cost for your new product.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying.We were about to do the same but is it advisible to add a new material,to be used just once,in the system because this new component will be used just once in for this case.

Can't i use recursive BOM?Will the costing problem be solved using recursive BOM?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You have to create the new material code for your new product as it is having two new components. For that new product say Y you need to add the X, A and B.

As you have already manufactured the X so system will not create any procurement proposal for it and you can consume the X while manufacturing the Y and it cost also get capture to the Y. This is standard Practice.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes i got your point

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

but my scenario is as follows

the product X was sold and then taken back in stock so excise duty of X already given.Now if i sell Y excise duty of that also has to be paid.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In that case you have to take the excise duty return for X as it is return form customer.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.But i will have to give excise duty on Y as well as X as both are finished goods.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You are going to sales Y only not X as X is consumed during the manufacturing the Y. So where excise duty on Y as well as X comes in picture it is only for Y.

Hope you got my point.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar