cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOMs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running SBO2007A PL5 and have abandoned our use of Sales BOMs as we have had a large number of issues with using them in our Radio Beacon integration.

What we are wanting to do is use the parent code from the BOM as an actual item, so our customers can continue to order using the same item code they have always used.

I have found that if I attempt to tick inventory item, it won't let me because transactions have occurred. But if I tick asset item, and then untick asset item, inventory item ticks automatically and I can then update. I have tested then running transactions using this code and it all seems fine. Note this is after I have removed the BOM.

Is there any reason I couldn't do this?

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by: Rui Pereira on Jul 8, 2008 6:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

I do not see why you should not use this method if this really does the trick as you are not actually violating any rules. I have worked on a few SAP RB implementations and I exactly know how things work.

I am curious as you have decided to discontinue using Sales BOM....why did you not look at assembly BOM which fits in RB as built to order item.

Pls let me know

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have since upgraded to Patch level 37 and we are now unable to tick and then untick asset item to turn it into a stocked item.

Is there any way at all we can re-use the parent code?

We are relucatant to change as this impacts wholesale catalogues.

Thanks,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

Sorry we were actually using assembly BOMs.

One of the problems we have is if one of the components is shorted, the customer is still charged for the whole BOM. And if we raise a credit note in SAP for a BOM, it doesn't put the stock back into Radio Beacon.

Thanks,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

are you using the assembly BOM in a super BOM, howz is the explosion taking place, do you want to price differently based on the BOM being selected.

Thanks

Ajay