cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Totals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to use a total obtained from a running total as a group or sort field? I am trying to use one of these fields as my driving sort but cannot access it!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please close your thread and mark the helpful or correct answer.

You have adapted to my advice and got your answer here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3160131

That means you need to mention it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand you correctly, you want to sort by the group total. That is second level sorting. Are you using crystal report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am using Crystal Report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may search Crystal Report forum to find the answer. The sort you want is not that simple.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for your time. I will post the answer when I find it so you can learn the answer also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using Group Sort Expert.

Hope this helps you in the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I answered in my first posting, it is impossible to make the running total as group field. It is not logical.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not using running total correctly, as each provider has a total  and that provider is my grouping level now. That is also how I am totaling. That is how I would like to sort. I used the term running total but it really is not because it is getting zeroed out on the group header as each provider changes.

Does this change things?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No. That is not possible. The running total has to get a sorting sequence. It cannot be a basis for sorting.

Thanks, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you suggest an alternative way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Running total is always increasing. You need another field for sorting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created my own running total, put that in the detail line and footer. It has the correct totals. But it does not come up as a grouping field. Is there another way to access it as a grouping field?Since I want to sort based on the who has the highest total, I cannot logically use another field for sorting.