cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running multiple instances of SAP BO clients with add-on on the same PC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, my users run SAP BO on server remotely using Citrix terminal services, therefore I often have a situation where number of SBO clients on server is run simultaneously. But I have a slight problem with add-ons. My add-on works fine only with the first instance / client of SBO, the rest of instances start add-ons, but these add-ons only waste memory (I can see them in Task manager) without working with instances of SBO which initiated them. Bellow you can see my connection bit. Please advice.

link = new SAPbouiCOM.SboGuiApiClass();

link.Connect(connectionStr);

oApp = link.GetApplication(-1);

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Oleksiy,

Are you working on debug mode with your addons? Are the addons registered inside each B1 application?

Many people is working with a server running several clients at the same time and there is no problem.

Each B1 application will call their addons with a different ConnectionString...

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my addon has been compiled and registered inside B1, in other words it's B1 client who strats my add-on. Now, if i run 3 copies of B1 clients connected to the same db/company all of these 3 clients will start addons (i can see this from task manager) but only first client apllication will have add-on working correctly.

thanks

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I recomend you to create a Customer Message under Service Marketplace explaining your problem while you wait for someone in this forum knowing the answer.

You should have an answer from the support there.

Please share with this forum the answer.

Regards

Trinidad.

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oleksiy,

Do you use the connection string passed to your Add-On as a commandline parameter by SAP Business One?

The commandline parameter identifies the instance of SAP Business One your Add-On will connect to.

In this case the parameter passed to the SboGuiAPI object gets ignored... => must work!

If you do that, I agree with Trinidad that you have to create a message to SAP Support.

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am an end-user therefore I don't have the full access rights to the sap market place :(. I have found that this problem occurs whenever user runs SBO remotely using Citrix Terminal Services and SAP Business One has application ID = -1. It does not matter how many remote copies I open, all of them are going to have application ID = -1. Sometimes, if i reboot PC it cures the problem, sometimes it does not. It looks to me that SBO server for some very strange reason keeps assigning application ID =-1 for "remote sessions". Please advice.