cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run time error in org sructure report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to execute org structure report s_ahr_6106493 with evaluation path BOSS_OE (Standard SAP evaluation path). The report fails on run time error. It looks like there is e recursion that causes that but I checked the data carefully & I don't have a recursion.

Did it happen to anyone? Any suggestions for solution?

Thanks a lot!

Hagit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hagit,

you should use an other evaluation path because it has a recursion!

Hope this helps

Regards

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the problem is rcursion, but in the data there i no recursion! This is exactly my problem. by the way, this is not the only evaluation path that causes a recursion

Hagit

McF
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hagit,

the error indicates that the memory can no longer be allocated. So Either there is a recursion or the structure is simply too large.

The first you can check by using the check mark "Check recursion" on the selection screen of RHTSRU00 report. FOr large data volume you also should use always the "Classic display" option as the tree control can only handle about 2000 nodes by our experience.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried to check the recursion & found that all the positions defined as the 'head of own unit' caused a recursion. i checked some of it but no position is defined with recursion.

Any suggestions?

Hagit

McF
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hagit,

Sorry but I do not understand your sentence:

<i>found that all the positions defined as the 'head of own unit' caused a recursion. i checked some of it but no position is defined with recursion</i>

So is there a recursion or not?

And how did you check <i>no position is defined with recursion</i> ?

Only the links between objects and the used evaluation path lead to a recursion.

I'm a little bit puzzled now.

Regards,

Michael

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, in our R/3 system BOSS_OE looks like this:

10 O B 012 Is managed by... * S

20 S A 008 Holder * *

30 S A 003 Belongs to * O

This looks a lot like recursion.

Your solution is, to use another evaluation path, or create your own with OOAW.

Kind regards, Rob dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

How do I define an evaluation path in which i see the org structure along with positions & persons and also have an indication of the manager position (relation 012)?

Thanks,

HAgit

McF
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes the two lines

O ---> S

S ---> O

might lead to a recursion but this gets visible using RHSTRU00 with the checkbox marked.

In the output the point where a recursion occurs can be found by clicking on the flash symbol and the line should be red.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

f.e. you have to call OOAW

copy way O-O-S-P

5 O B 002 ist Linien-Vorgesetzter v * O

10 O B 003 umfaßt * S

20 S A 008 Inhaber * P

to Y-O-O-SP

5 O B 002 ist Linien-Vorgesetzter v * O

10 O B 003 umfaßt * S

20 S A 008 Inhaber * P

30 O B 012 wird geleitet von * S

Regards

Bernd

Message was edited by:

Bernd Köhn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

forget this

I have test it and in my opinion you could use o-o-s-p. Because the B012 S is on top to B003 S.

Regards

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tries the evaluation path you suggested but all it does is bring the position defined as the manager twice. I would like to have an inication in the report layout that the position is the senior one.

Thanks,

Hagit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hagit,

try transaction ppos_old. Select your object in the "structure search" with double click and press the button "staff assignments". Is it that what you want to see?

Regards

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am familiar with ppos_old, but this is not what I need. I want to see more than the managers positions, I want to see the whole org structure with an indication for the managers position. i want to be able to recognize the senior position of the unit quickly just by looking at the chart.

Hagit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hagit,

in our systems 4.6C and ERp2005 there is no transaction/report s_ahr_6106493.

Which release do you use?

Regards

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use 4.6C. the report in the SAp menu is under:

Human Resources-> Information system -> reports -> Organizational management -> organizational unit ->organizational structure -> First report (or any report in this folder

Thanks,

Hagit

McF
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Hagit,

it would help if you could state what run-time error occurs.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the massage I get in the system:

"The current program had to be terminated because of an

error when installing the R/3 System.

The program had already requested 430476864 bytes from the operating

system with 'malloc' when the operating system reported after a

further memory request that there was no more memory space

available."

I hope it clarifies my problem

Thanks,

Hagit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but it didn't help, all it says is that the program required too much memory, the problem is I don't know why.

Hagit

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the transaction ST22 for analysing ur runtime error and see wht was the reason of error..try to rectify tht

amit