cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTP RETURN !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW DO WE RETURN "RTP" TO A VENDOR WITH DELIVERY CHALLAN?

WHAT CUSTOMIZATION IS REQUIRED TO BE DONE FOR THIS?

THANK YOU

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditi

Follow the below settings in IMG -- MM -- Purchasing -- Purchase order -- Returns order -- Returns to vendor

Returns to Vendor

In this step, you define shipping-specific data for returns to vendor, which is the return delivery of goods to an external vendor.

You can use the return to vendor function without making any additional settings here. However, if you create shipping documents for the return delivery to the vendor, and if you want to use other delivery functions too, then you have to make settings for the required returns delivery type.

Requirements

Prerequisites for returns to vendor with shipping processing include:

Flagging the vendor (in the purchasing data) with the indicator "Ret. with shipping proc."

Entering customer data for the vendor

The system must be able to find a shipping point for the supplying plant (that sends the goods back to the vendor).

Activities

Assign the appropriate returns delivery type to

purchasing document category F (purchase order),

purchasing document type NB (standard purchase order) and

the supplying plant

Returns delivery type "RL", which already exists in the system, is suitable for this.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

YOu have to creat raw material with ROH and returnables with LEER as material type.

Create a single PO for both the materials.

For Pallets ( returnable), tick in the returnable item column (in the po itself).

save and release PO.

Do the MIGO.

Both the materials will be received and system shows that pallets are to be returnable.

You can return these pallets with mvt 161.

Since po is placed on particular vendor, you tract it on vendor wise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditi

Do it with Tcode MIGO. Here select document type 'Return Delivery' with reference to 'Material Document'. This material document is the same with which you made GR for RTP. Also in Header 'General' tab there is tick box for 'Via Delivery' please make active the check box, this will create delivery in background.

Revert back in case u need any more info related to this

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I did MIGO -GR others - 501M - for RTP.

I have assigned delivery type and customer to vendor also.

Now when I try to do MIGO return delivery with this doc number then system throws error "The mvt type in the reference docmt cannot be converted" Message no. MIGO029

Now what am I supposed to do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditi

When you want to receive returnable material, you need to create PO and in line item you should 'Tick' the 'Return item' check box. Referring to this PO you make GR. and referring to this material document you need to do the vendor returm with shipping functionality.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have done all the configuration as advised. But while creating system gives warning that shipping conditions not maintained though evrything maintained.

Still we go ahead and do Gr101.

when we try doing return delvry system says movement type can not be converted.

Thank You