cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing change- Mass operation and component allocation

0 Kudos

Experts,

Reg: Routing change- mass operation and component allocation

We tried a BDC to achieve this & facing some issues on this, We need a expert suggestions on this.

We need to add a new operation to existing routing & a component allocation to the added operation.

Attached here is the BDC program for Routing change using a flat file upload.

Issues facing

1. Problems on reaching the last blank row on operation view and adding new operation.

2. Allocating the component to the operation added newly.

Appreciate your suggestions on this.

BR

Subbu.

Message was edited by: SP Subbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you are creating the BDC program by recording.

1. When you are inserting new operations, you don't have to find the last operation of the routing. If you submit the number of the new operation to the BDC program, you can insert new operation with "Edit->Insert line" function from the menu. Input the new operation number to the new line and it will be placed to the sequence automatically.

2. By the help of menu paths "Edit->Find" and "Edit->Choose" you can branch editing the added operation. From there you can switch to the general component allocation menu.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks Canan,

Let me add this functionality and update the thread on the progress.

BR

Subbu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

A valid and elegant alternative to BDC can be found in the following SAP OSS note:

488765 - 'Do it yourself EWB programming'.

It comes with a nice example on how to achieve routing update. I have successfully used in the past, with great results.

Hope this could be of some help. If you need further details, just let me know.

With kind regards,

Flavio

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Did you try transaction CEWB?

BR

Caetano

0 Kudos

Thanks Almeida,

Yes, we showed this CEWB feature to the client, But they are intersted in the upload BDC program, since it would consume less time.

BR

Subbu.