cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Paths

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was given a task where the apporiate spot to place a SFC on hold would be inside the NC router, but the point of where the hold is wanting to be placed is inside the Production router. SAP ME doesn't allow to place a future hold on a SFC if the operation is not present in the current router.

So I figure out that my hold will have to be placed into the Production router, by custom scripting. I was wondering if there was a way to Close a NC or call out a specific NC code through a router path by using a custom script. I would like to have the NC closed but don't really see an option with this.

P.S. I only want the hold to happen on certain circumstance, control run for an example.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I decided to go at this problem a different way. After your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recommend that you don't change any persistent data via router scripting. It is technically possible, but the script logic can be called multiple times in some scenarios. A common one is where router scripting is mixed with operator decisions. The scripts are called first to try to narrow down the operator's choices. This may mean that the script is called more than once.

Changing data from the router script is officially unsupported. Some future release may prevent changes from within router scripts for security reasons.

A better choice is to use the router scripting to send the SFC to a Hold step on the router you need the hold placed. That will trigger the hold just once (if the script directs the SFC down that path).