cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotable Parts-Refurbishment Process with LOG_EAM_ROTSUB activated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refurbishment Work Order and settlement of cost to Material

I have configured the SAP Refurbishment Order (PM04) and have implement SAP recommendation to use mvt. Types 313 and 315 instead of standard 261/101 when moving the rotable part out of stock to shop for repair.  However when using those mvts types I have issue with the settlement of consumable material used for the refurbishment to refurbished material Moving average price (MaP).

In terms of automatic account assignment, it is getting GBB and PRD.  It is getting the same account modifier when using mvt 261/101 however it is hitting the material account.  With Mvt 313/325 it is hitting the gain/loss account attached to PRD.  

Note that the consumable materials used in the refurbishment are issued out of stock via the 261, so there is an accounting document generated and costs are accumulated against the refurbishment order.

Has anyone implemented the same configuration that could provide some help.  

The following business functions have been activated - LOG_EAM_ROTSUB/ROTSUB_2 & LOG_MM_SERNO

-- SAP HELP

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/c7/ 2587b8dad94c52854ccd28015dceb0/content.htm

•     Refurbishment orders

o     Support of the following special stock types for refurbishment orders:

?     Sales order stock (special stock indicator E)

?     Project stock (special stock indicator Q)

o     Conversion of planned orders into refurbishment orders from the MRP list or the stock/requirements list.

o     Assignment of one or more notifications to a refurbishment order.

o     Assignment of a refurbishment order to one or more notifications in cases where the material number is the same.

o     Visibility of work in progress by means of a field showing the quantity of rotable parts still undergoing the refurbishment process. This is supported by movement types 313 and 315 for two-step stock transfer.

o     Assignment of serial numbers and equipment to refurbishment orders.

o     Support of the material upgrade and exchange process by means of a material number change from within the goods receipt for the refurbishment order, including possibility to create a new material from within the goods receipt as well as a check of the new material using the serial number profile.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,  Yes we are using split valuation.  I have two valuation type ASN (repaired/new) and ASZ (unserviceable).  The rotable part is issued out as an ASZ and return back into stock as an ASN.  The components (consumable material) issued against work order are against a movement type 261.  It is only the main component that is moved within the store and shop with mvt 313 via MB11 and 315 via IW8W.   Both valuation type is set with MaP.

Yogesh you mention that using mvt 313/315 will not affect MaP of material.  Why would SAP  provided this new functionality and neglect to mention settlement would not longer affect material MaP?

Fran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not Active Contributor

Have you assign source structure  to your settlement profile for refurbishment order? Does Material (MAT) is allowed as settlement receiver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

313 movement type will transfer main component from unrestricted to blocked stock. 315 movement type will do the reverse movement.

So here stock value won't have any impact as its getting offset within that. Only 261 movements will get affected & only those value will get updated in MAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogest, I am not getting error when posting settlement.  Settlement goes throught but posted to P&L Account (Gain/loss) as per setting in automatic account determination, Account Modifier PRD. 

Francine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes have assign source structure and MAT is my settlement category.

Fran

Former Member
0 Kudos

If standard price is maintain and accounting view is maintain for all valuation type then there should not be a problem. Let me regenerate scenario in my system, I will update accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have a look at this thread.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13758249#13758249

Former Member
0 Kudos

Active Contributor Platinum

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't say this is the problem with movement type.

While converting from 100 currency value repairable component to 300 currency value component, if the cost incurred may be 120. It means, only value of 120 has been added.

Not 120 + 200 (i.e., 300 - 100). So this will go to PRD Account only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah. True.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note that I'm using moving average price so all cost should go to material. 

There's a BADi available that I'm going to try this morning -

BADI_DIAD_GOODMVT_1

---

Trigger Follow-up Actions after Goods Movement

Use

This Business Add-In (BAdI) is used in the A&D Subcontracting component.

This BAdI enables you to initiate follow-up actions after a goods movement. Using the number and year of the material document, the system reads the goods movement data in the customer-specific coding and triggers the relevant actions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Settling to Material doesn't require split valuation.

While using 261 / 101, stock are getting affected. Whereas 313 / 325 movement types are not actually affecting the material values. So the difference will hit P&L only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Active Contributor Platinum

Former Member
0 Kudos

In some of the business, they won't differentiate between defect, refurbished or new. Even in that case also, Refurbishment Process can be used & the costs can be settled to Material. In this case, all the materials will have same cost not like 3 different costs based on valuation type.

My comment is that split valuation is not compulsory for the settlement to happen to Materials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

In some of the business, they won't differentiate between defect, refurbished or new. Even in that case also, Refurbishment Process can be used & the costs can be settled to Material. In this case, all the materials will have same cost not like 3 different costs based on valuation type.

What is use of refurb process in such business case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't comment what is the use of Refurbishment Process without Split valuation. But as you mentioned Settlement to Material can be achieved by having split valuation, I gave the comment as Split valuation is not compulsory for that.

I hope, you will be clear now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No offense !

That was just a discussion.

I think in such a business case where split valuation is not used, refurb process is not useful. They can simply carry out repair in house by simple maintenance activity/order and charge labor and material cost on cost center. If scenario is to send material outside for repair they follow simple PR/PO process with returnable gate pass. Second thought is welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Of course, this is just discussion only.

Split valuation is only to differentiate the stock & value based on the category (defect or others). If the company doesn't want to have that split up, then they can go for Refurbishment without split valuation also.

So this is case to case. Refurbishment process will be carried out when you want to settle the cost to material, here split valuation is one of the feature.

So Refurbishment can be done either with split valuation or without split valuation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your concern is just to settle refurb cost on material then you can achieve it by split valuation as well. Consult your FICO and MM consultant for more detail.

you can also search forum for further details. Useful link http://scn.sap.com/thread/1997647