cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revise Payscale Groups and Levels in Indian and US Payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Observation arising after implementing Indian Payroll .  We started to implement US Payroll and found below difference

Could you please let me know... In US Payroll, In Revise Payscale Groups and Levels  There is no such scenario of defaulting the wage types Am i correct Experts

In Indian Payroll Revise Payscale groups and level The wage types will get default  according to grades and levels in an organization For example: M1 M2 M3 will have different pay structure that contains different wage types  and in US Payroll there is no such scenario right? In US We configure Hourly , Salaried etc

Please correct me if iam wrong.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Same tables are being used in USA payroll as in Indian payroll with only difference of country grouping as 40 for India and 10 for USA.

Could you let me know what is the issue with US payroll with defaulting wage type.

It really depends upon how you define your payscale type and area to define payscale group and level.

If your payscale type says bi-weekly and area says salaried non-exempt posiibly you client may want to default wage type as 1000 as an example.

Generally in USA client systems are either defined as salaried, hourly, etc on Employee Group level but it may vary to be defined at payscale type or area level too but it has nothing to do with defaulting wage type issue. It can still be defined to default based on requirement provided.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

In US Payroll we have standard Salaried Non Exempt and Biweekly. So it will default the wagetypes according to payscale type and area that is salaried and non exempt.

My question is In indian payroll We will define Grades and levels in payscale type groups and levels where as incase of usa where do we define grades and levels. Is it in employee gorups and levels Is there any concept of grades and levels in US Payroll Please let me know

If employee Group is defined with A in Indian Payroll Can we define employee group with same group A in US Payroll.

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Configuration for Basic Pay in any country payroll is same and dependent on country grouping.

Just make sure your features are set-up correctly for USA.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configurations will be same I mean in USA Payroll Will wage types will default in USA Payroll Like we have for india we have different grades and levels inwhich we have different wagetypes for different grades and levels kindly let me know

i believe in usa payroll there is no case for defaulting the wagetypes in infotype 8 as they have standard payscale groups and levels like salaries and hourly it will be defaulted according to that.

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Once you set-up table V_T510 and then feature TARIF for your Country grouping 10 for decision conditions may be employee group/subgroup or PA/PSA, you should be able to see wage type defaulted in IT0008 as it does in Inidan Payroll.

You probably need to check your configuration tables and features like TARIF and LGMST.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

LGMST Feature is there in USA Payroll to default Wagetypes in IT0008 . But am not sure whether the same can be used to default in other Infotypes.

Regards

Rakesh