cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse of GR for some qty in a line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could anyone please help me. I need to cancel GR of some quantity for a line in PO. For example: in a PO line item 10 there were 4000 qty and all 4000 was received. and then 2000 qty issued to network against a reservation. At first 4000 GR was wrong, it should have been 2000. Now i want to reverse the remaining 2000 qty.

By what process i can do that, pls advise. It will be return delivery.

Thanks and Regards,

Zusen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u need to reverse the 2000 qty issued to network by using movement type 222 in transaction code MB1A.

After that reverse the GR of 4000 Qty by using transaction code MBST and then do the GR for the correct qty whatever it is.

I hope it will help.

Regards,

Manish

Dear Experts,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

To create return PO

1.Go To ME21N

2. Doc type for normal procurement (NB-in standard)

3.Enter Material , quantity to be returned,plant

4.Check Return indicator in item overview

5.save

then ,Go to MIGO and post GR with reference to Return PO.Thus,you can return the quantity.

Alternatively,you can copy the line item in same PO (GO to Change Mode-ME22N) and check the return indicator in item overview against copied line item.Make the quantity-2000.Afterwards,Post the GR using MIGO against the same PO number.

Hope it helps...

regards,

Vineet

Edited by: Vineet Kumar on Mar 16, 2009 12:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reverse the GR and then post a new GR of 2000 only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for ur replly.

I tried but system is telling "Deficit of SL Unrestricted-use 3,423 EA : 2194205 1100 1010" because remaining qty already issued from stock.

Total received qty: 4280

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make a Return Delivery PO. and then use GR against PO in MIGO screen. Return that 2000 qty.

Also check return delivery against material document. if there is no ispection plan exist than it use return delivery against material document. Put that material document no. from which you received 4000 qty. By this you can able to return the qty with reference to same PO.

If it helps, kindly give points.

Regards,

RM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then simply just scrap the qty of 2000 mvt type 551

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks RM,

Please let me know how to create Return Delivery PO.

Regards,

Zusen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RM,

We dont want to create Return Delivery PO. We need to reverse the GR as we made GR wrogly previously. Some item from GR qty have already made GI to network and assetized. and it is not possible to cancel the GI. But i need to cancel the GR which check that some items have been GI.

In this situation what is the solution that SAP recommend.

Please advise.

Regards,

Zusen

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just do it like a receipt.

go to MIGO.

Enter goods receipt, reference to pruchase order, enter PO number. ....change movement type to 102.

enter 2000 and post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much,

but i got an error like "Deficit of PU IR quantity 107.000 EA"

my unrestricted use stock is 108.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Zusen

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Error message indicates that already certain quantity is invoiced. You need to post credit memo (MIRO) for the quantity you wish to reverse GR and then now do reversal of GRN. Or you may choose the option reversal of GR despite invoice in customization - MM - inventory management - goods receipt - For GR-Based IV, Reversal of GR Despite Invoice - check for your movement type. Note that if stock is not there you cannot reverse the GRN.

Thanks