cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse an Open Accounting document that is originated from a Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus

User wants us to modifiy the reconciliation accounts on the customers. We have Uncleared accounting documents on the old reconciliation accounts. So user is asking us to reverse and then re-adjust, so that the money flows through the new reconciliation accounts.

Can someone please advise.

Thanks & Rgds

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Reverse open items

2. Open items are 0 then you can change reconciliation accounts in customer master

3. post open items again - take care you enter references - link to SD - awkey in bkpf

4. now you have open items on custmer with "new" GL accounts.

Other way: Use F101, set up customizing, run F101 every month until all "old" reconciliation accounts are 0.

Personally: I prefer steps 1 to 4, after these few steps all GL accounts are set to 0.

hope it helps!

br erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

Thank you for your reply. Can you please elaborate on how to reverse the Open items. I tried cancelling the Billing documents, but it is still keeping the invoice document as "Not Cleared".

Thanks

Arjun

former_member184878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Have a look about quantity.

a. Are we talking about 100 oi OR more than 5000

2. You can use mass reversal in SAP ( befor update - test mod)

3. Then you make changes in customer master - GL acc.

4. Import the open items again

5. Prepare enviroment - that you can check your work after the import if it is ok.

a. sum of open items

b. VAT

depending on your enviroment.

Proposal: Try this, in a small sandox enviroment first.  Make a small POC paper.

all the best Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

In the Fi it is not allowing me to reverse, since the document originated from Sales order. I tried using FB08.

Thanks

Arjun

former_member184878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

No problem.

Create an import file with credit notes.

Example.

Invoice: USD 1500,--

Credit Note. USD 1500,--

Customer  balance zero, you can change GL account. before make reconciliation of open items.

Change GL acc.

Post invoice again - so that you have open item as before.

all the best Erwin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi arjun sam,

this is rakesh from bangalore

i think first u have to create one customer clearing a/c and then u trf the balance of open a/c and after that go to fs00 put recon a/c of customer and later on u can trf the real amount from dumy a/c to your a/c.

if it is useful then give me some points.

regards

rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

As per you above query there is one alternative solution also is there kindly create a new Customer with new reconciliation account then transfer all the open item to new Customer a/c after that you have to block your old customer a/c that will solve you Issue

Kindly check and confirm

Thanks

Trinath Gujari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinath,

To the same customer, we have to change the reconciliation account and the reconciliation account is also not new. It is already on several customers.

Thanks

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun

Ok, you can use the old reconciliation instead of new one but u have to open a new customer code

or

if not then you have to reverse all the open item  or make Full payment to the vendor account

so that vendor account should be with Zero balance then only you can change the Reconciliation account

or

Pass a adjustment Entry to clear the open item of customer the  try to change the reconciliation a/c

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinath,

Can you please elaborate on how to reverse an open item and also on adjustment entry.

Thanks

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun

following are the step you need to do kindly follow the steps

1) create one dummy account or you can use initial upload customer GL account

2) Transfer all the open item to that initial customer GL Account through adjustment entry

For Customer balances

-------------------------------------------

Customer Balances Upload A/c                       Dr

Customer balances(Individually) A/c               Cr

now your customer A/c  is zero change the reconciliation account in master data of your customer master

3) now once again transfer the transaction  data to your customer account through adjustment entry    

again now accounting Entry should be

Customer balances(Individually) A/c              Dr.

Customer Balances Upload A/c                      Cr.

Hope this will solve your issue

Thanks

Trinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trinath,

Thank you for the response. I will propose this and see if the team agrees for this.