cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of Manual BRS entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have Cash Management System. Where all the checks deposited (by customer) in bank is credit to my account on next day irrespective of the bank clearing or not (as per RBI). If check is bounced it will be debited after 2-3 days when bank clearing is done.

Now we do FF67 (manual BRS). When i posted bank receipt from customer,

Entry Posted:

Incoming Bank A/c.. Dr

To customer A/c

When FF67 is done:

Main Bank A/c... Dr

To Incoming bank account.

In FF67, above entry clears the incoming bank account line item

Now when i come to know that check is actually bounced and again debited in my account, i want to reverse above entry (i.e. 2nd entry - FF67).

So i want that FF67 should be able to reverse the above (already cleared entry).

So please let me know if its possible to reset and reverse the particular accounting entry in BRS (FF67).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Please note that if there has been any entry in FF67 which is posted and later on its corresponding check gets bounced, then you can reset and reverse the clearing document generated through FF67 posting but in Bank accounting it will not open that line item. It will remain as it was, instead it will reverse the document in financial accounting.I have not seen a reversal impacting a posted BRS cleared items...Alternatively you simply post a debit note to the customer for the amount of check dishonored.

Please check this and revert back.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Meenu_ND

Not required any reverse that document . when check is bounced the values are also mainatin that staement particular date. just follow that entries system automatically it chage the values

Regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case

I have already posted from incoming to main bank account and one clearing document is generated. Now i want to reset and reverse this clearing document (posted by FF67).

So i want to know how reset and post this entry in FF67 itself