cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

Just wanted to clarify some issue. I have done 101 movement type against a production order now i want to reverse it .I have two ways to do so .Either MBST (material Doc reversal ) or MB31 102 movement type .What is the impact of both or which way is more preferable and why ?

Regards

W>A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Waseem,

MBST - Would be used if you want to cancel(Reverse) the entire document original document. The plus here is that there would be a referance between the original document and reversal document.

If the material document was created from Backflush and has 261 movement materials, then the reversal of this document is not possible through MBST. Then the cancellation needs to be done through Cancelling Confirmation using CO13 or by MB31/MB1A reversal movment types

MB31- 102, This could be used in scenario where you want to reverse only a partially quantity. The missing link here is that you dont have a referance in system between the original document and the reversed document.

Regards,

Prasobh

Edited by: Prasobh Karunakaran on Apr 2, 2009 12:53 PM- added backflush related problem details

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- With help of MB31 you have to input all the data manually and it has no link of earlier GR Document.

- While in with MBST you have to input GR document only rest of the data will capture automatically.

- MB31 can be used only for production GR or GR reversal purpose.

- While MBST is universal one and can be used for MM,PM,PP and for others also,

- MBST can be used not only for GR it can be used for other movement types also.For e.g. Goods Issue.And if document containes more than one line items then you have option to reverse one or more line items of your choice.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upto my knowledge both will have same impact, but in MB31 you will get more option like...

Document Date

Delivery Note

Doc.Header Text

Quantity

Regards