cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of foreign currency valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i reverse the foreign currency valuation document through FB08 like normal FI document ? At the time of posting foreign currency valuation, my requirement was not to reverse the valuation. Now i want to reverse it. Can it be done like normal FI document ?

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the same question. We are in ECC 6.0 (New G/L).

We use FAGL_FC_VAL for the f/x revaluation on the last day of the month which will be reversed on the first of the next period.

The users want to reverse the entries posted last month (Sep '2010).

There are 5 postings in Sep '2010 and they are offset in Oct'2010 (5 more postings).

Question is, can we reverse these 10 entries (5 + 5 ) using regular doc reverse trxn - FB08. - Option A

Once reversed can we rerun the reval process?

Or should we use the "Reset" option instead. - Option B

If we use option "A", when we rerun the reval I don't see any records.

As mentioned by Ravi, in earlier posting the "valuation Indicators" are not removed by this method.

So main question is, what are the pro's / con's of using FB08. Or is "Reset" a better option.

rdgs

Naidu

Muralinag14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post a separate thread.

You are not owner of this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

You can create a separate valuation method (OB59) with parameter "Reset" flagged. Executing F.05 with this valuation method will set back the valuation differences to zero and you will reset the first valuation method.

Best regards,

Milen.

Edited by: Milen G on Sep 29, 2010 2:05 PM

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can reverse the valuation by selecting the 'Reset Valuation' indicator in FAGL_FC_VAL transaction. Also, you can reverse postings for GL Account balance valuation.

If you reverse the posted document, only the accounting entries are reversed, but not the valuation indicators.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Will it have any impact if valuation indicator not gets removed, bcoz i am not using New G/L so cant use the t-code you said

Thanks,

Manish

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If valuation indicator is retained, it is treated as already valuated and only the resulting differences are posted instead of the whole amount if you want to revaluate them later.

The reset option is available in TCode : F.05 also for earlier releases.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the wonderful answer. I have tried to reset the valuation as well as the document entry. But i am not getting the concept what impact will it have.

Can you explain in brief pls?

Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can