cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revaluation entry - CK24 for Period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a basic doubt, when i run standard cost estimate for the next period, i know i can mark it and i cant release it, as the system says its too early to release. Which period does it looks into is it from MM or FI period or ....

When i release the standard cost estimate in the month beginning say March 1st -period 12, is the revaluation entry posted for the current for the period of March (12) or February (11).

I have a requirement saying the revaluation entry is to be posted for the previous period, say February and not March when i release the standard cost estimate for the period

of march. Where in i need to show my revaluation stock entries in my balance sheet for the previous period and not for the current period - 12.

Any body could you throw some light on this, functionally and

technically. How to address this in the system.

Thanks in advance

With best regards

GJ.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ggg jjj

The period the system looks for is MM period.

Since March 1 - is in period 12 , surely the revaluation will be posted in the period 12 and not 11.

Thanks

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks a lot for the information too. Any possibility of posting the entries for the current period - 11 and not for period 12.

Thanks

GJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ggg jjj,

First of all as a functional point of view, i dont agree with you, that revaluation impact to be passed to previous period. Allways, the revaluation impact to be passed in the period in which the cost is revised and not the last period since all the activities in the last period will take with old price and already the impact might have got effected. So please know why client wants in that way..

And there is no way that revaluation entry can be passed in the previous period... only the alternative way is to know the impact and pass manual entry and adjust in next month if client is keen on this issue.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Thank you,

Regards,

Satnosh

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks a lot for the information. Incase if i require any clarification i would get back to you.

Thanks

With best regards

gj

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CK24 is used for revaluing your materials, as you said we can mark and release. you cant revalue your materials for a closed period it will be for the period going forward and since you are revaluing materials it looks at materila period( MMPV, MMRV)

Points will be appreciated.

Regards,

Zaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaid,

Thanks a lot for your information. Is it possible to post the revaluation entries for the current period (11) and not for the previous period (12).

Thanks

GJ