cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns Excise FI entry is wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue : Kindly help to understand why Returns Excise entry is wrong?

Other details:I have created sales invoice and excise invoice for 40 qty and created returns invoice and Return excise invoice with J1is t code for qty of 20:

1. VA01->VL01n->VF01->J1IIN

2. VA01( returns order with ref Invoice)->VL01N/2n ( PGR)-> VF01(credit for returns)->J1IS Returns for Excise using other adjustments( OTHR).

If you observe the below posting key of 221154 in below 4 transactions :

If you observe the 2nd and 4th screen shots, the 4th entry should be reverse to 2nd screen shot entry but here both are same which is not correct. As per me I feel the Posting key is making this difference if you we can correct this instead of Debit it will Credit this would be fine i think

GL accounts numbers are same need NOT to change  GL number the only change the same GL account in 4th screen shot should be reverse.

Please let me know what action i should take to correct the 4th screen shot  entry( return excise)?

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Sale return Process , You need to use the J1IH transaction rather than J1IS

In J1IH Transaction Code select Additional Excise and Check the Entries.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is resolved after inputting the sub transaction type IP along with other details. Please find the below entry after return Excise invoice.

However, also tried with J1IH but i could not succeed and entirely it gave different GL entry posting after return Excise invoice creation, reason don't know. And in J1IH i need to enter BED ,ECS and HECS manually unlike in J1IS if enter materil and asseseble value and % of BED, ECS and HECS system calculate automatically.

Am not much familiar with CIN process hence am asking the clarification of Why J1IS is not  and Why j1IH is for customer returns Excise invoice creation kindly clarify and also have read in some threads which suggested that J1IH  is for customer returns.

Followed the below steps using J1IH:

thanks,

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Am not much familiar with CIN process hence am asking the clarification of Why J1IS is not  and Why j1IH is for customer returns Excise invoice creation kindly clarify and also have read in some threads which suggested that J1IH  is for customer returns.

J1IS is outgoing manual Excise invoice same accounts are hit like J1IIN

Cenvat Suspense Account Dr.

Cenvat payable Cr.

J1IH is Manual Excise JV used for incoming as well as outgoing Excise Invoice.

In J1IH "Additional Excise" is for incoming Excise Invoice(Returns from customer) and "Other adj." is for Outgoing Excise Invoice.

For more understanding refer these FAQ notes

- FAQ: Country Version India (CIN) General SD queries

- FAQ: Country Version India (CIN) General MM queries

1559435 - FAQ - Frequently asked question - Sales

Regards

Binoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you, sorry for late reply. I am facing one different issue during PGI ( express document is terminated by user which is causing because of Material document number range overlaping ) once this is resolved i will update the results.

regards,

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Exicse sales returns, use J1IH transaction with Additional Excise option and test it once again in Dev environment.