cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retro Payroll run after GL Accounts changes in new system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Members,

We are upgrading our 47C HR-Payroll system to ECC 6.0. Due to requirements at Finance side, project team is proposing to change GL accounts codes and company code in the new system.

Need your expertise to check following:

1. How changes in company code and GL accounts affect Payroll Retro-calculation ability.

2. Can GL Posting program automatically determine the new GL Accounts based on new mapping of wage types and charge retro-adjustments to the new accounts.

3. If we enable retro for previous periods in the new system, will Posting program give error due to missing old GL accounts for retro-calculations.

Has anyone faced similar type of problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your inputs.

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general, if a wage type is re-mapped to a different GL and there's a retro-back to the period, SAP just backs out posting to old GL, and post to new GL.

You can config wt to be posted to new GL account at certain dates (i.e. still post to old GL prior to this date) through V_T52EZ / V_T52EL config.

Please note that when upgrading from 4.7 to 6.0, old payroll clusters would have to be converted, and new payroll run should not be allow to retro-back to periods prior to upgrade (if I remmeber it correctly).

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently experienced a similar situation. Since I were not in the full project only will point my opinions.

1. How changes in company code and GL accounts affect Payroll Retro-calculation ability.

.- Does not affect retro-calculation itself, but affect GL Posting of that retro.

2. Can GL Posting program automatically determine the new GL Accounts based on new mapping of wage types and charge retro-adjustments to the new accounts.

.- No. Since there is no validity range (begda-endda) on mapping, this is not possible.

3. If we enable retro for previous periods in the new system, will Posting program give error due to missing old GL accounts for retro-calculations.

.- I am not sure here, but despite error or not, you will get an incorrect GL post because of accounts.

Proposed and implemented solution was translating accounts on retro active GL posting. include translation tables, Validity date range, etc.