cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retirees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Wanted to pick your thoughts about managing Retirees in SAP.

Currently at my client, have a position for retirees with action" retiree" with option of a few "action reasons" e.g. when a person retires, action Retiree is executed with reason "volunteer/involuntary" with status "withdrawn". When retiree dies, execute "termination" action.

There is no separate employee group or employee subgroup created "for Retirees".

They had a different position in past for retirees, this was used for temporary employees also so they had to create a new one, the one being currently used. This is causing problems with interfaces, the bigger issue is to bring the retirees who were in this position for temporary employees need to be moved to current retiree position or client is open to consider any better approach to streamline this issue for once and all.

I am suggesting to create a new employee group as Retiree and employee subgroup (if needed). An Org Unit and a position 111******* to have these retirees move to this position and org unit. To streamline old retirees moving to this position, may be an ABAPer can write a conversion program to convert the old retirees to the new format.

I will appreciate your input on this, the practices you have experienced.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Generally retirees will be kept in default position "99999999"

why are they kept in a valid SAP position ? what is the rational behind it.

Thanks

Rajdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

when a person retires and moves to a 99999999 they lose all of their IT001 attributes including cost center and secondly the position 99999999 puts everyone in withdrawn status (not customer specific status which is retired) which is the same as terminated people. When a retiree needed to be terminated due to death the action could not be run because they were already in terminated (withdrawn status) which was a problem for their interfaces and they had to work around it directly in the other systems.

Bigger question is, should we use the separate employee group and employee sub group for Retirees?

Edited by: learnsharehcm on Sep 1, 2011 11:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my previous company we have used separate employee group and various employee sub group for retiree empployee.

If you keep an employee in '99999999' position it does not mean they have to be terminated status.

but in this case cost center will be greyed out if they are in active status.

to overcome this problem we did modify PLOGI feature to remove Org integration for just retiree's employee group

Thanks

Rajdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much... so my approach to add a new employee group Retiree with Employee subgroup (if needed) seems good... right? At our end cost center is grayed out for Retirees, this should be open, since they are still employees.

Can you please provide me more details, how retirees are handled in your company with having a separate Employee group and subgroup? DO you have a separate postion only for retirees, an org unit and infotype 0001?

Please provide me sufficient details keeping in mind that I need to start it from scratch on to manage retirees at my end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In our company we have EG '7' has retirees group and under that there were different values for employee sub group

like regular , pensioner etc.

PLOGI feature was modified as if EG '7' then return blank (Deactivate OM integration and this should open up cost center)

else return value was 'X' So there for active employees OM integration is still on and cost center will be greyed out.

We keep retiree employees in default position 9999999 and employee status "retiree"

Hope this help.

Thanks

RAjdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a separate Action for Retirees? if yes, when you excute an action Retiree, do you have maintain IT0001, if yes, the values for IT0001 come over from when this person was an employees or have new attributes .e.g. EG/ESG etc. if you maintain IT0001 at all for these Retirees.

Can we specifically trun off the intergration for only specific EG/ESG in PLOGI, in our case, we have to have integration switch for PLOGI on for Talent Management etc.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a separate action for retiree and in that action end user will keep the employee in Correct EG , ESG and in default position.

Do you need retiree's in Talent management ?

if not i dont see any problem in not maintaining them in OM structure.

Thanks

Rajdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'n the Retiree action what all infotypes you maintain?

EG/ESG you mentioned in the reply are created for retirees only....right?

I guess in your company you maintain IT0001, besides EG/ESG what other attributes you maintain I'n IT0001?

The issue we are facing that I'n Nakisa, tool for Org charts, we are getting Retiree positions show up I'n the search, should not happen, I am not sure if switiching of PLOGI will help.

Sent from my iPhone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Nakisa reads data from OM

If retirees are kept in a default position then i think your problem will be solved.

we have separate EG and ESG for retirees

our retiree action have infotypes like 0001,0041,105 etc

Thanks

RAjdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajdeep

Thank you so much for your responses.

How do we deal with the Old Retirees from the past positions, as I mentioned, my client first had Retirees in 10000** position with no 0001 infotype, then 999*** used for non employees and currently in 991*** created only fr Retirees.

If we use the 991*** postion and create new EG/ESG, and move old retirees in those 2 past positions, what should I keep in mind to make sure, interfaces/data is no messed up.

In this case, I do not need to deactivate the PLOGI Switch.... please confirm.

Edited by: learnsharehcm on Sep 2, 2011 11:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you need to maintain cost centers for retirees then you need to deactivate plogi else you should be fine.

Do a thorugh impact analysis and then decide which route to go.

I suggest you migrate all the reiiree's in you system to default position.

Thanks

Rajdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know, how to remove only Retirees EG/ESG in the PLOGI integration?

After deactivating PLOGI feature for Retiree EG, how cost canter be available for Retirees, can you please share this too?

Edited by: learnsharehcm on Sep 14, 2011 8:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please modify PLOGI Feature

If EG is retiree return Blank

else

X

This should do the trick

Thanks

RAjdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a new EG and ESG for Retirees, but the position for retiree is 999**** is backdated 01/01/1900 so it giving error entries d not exist in T503, looks like EG/ESG is created as current not matching the date of the position.

Can we create EG/ESG back dated? I do not think so but please confirm? When we try to create a position via pp01 gives an erros entry in T503 does not exist. I checked the table the entries are there for new EG/ESG.

Is it becasue we are giving date 01/01/1900 to 12/31/999 for the new position or something else?

Create 999***, this means series or a block... right? not only one 999***

Edited by: learnsharehcm on Sep 14, 2011 4:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did not meant ot create new positions for retiree's

Migrate all the retired employee to default position "99999999" not 9999****

This default position does not exits in OM

EG and ESG will not have start date and End Date.

Thanks

RAjdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really want to say thank you to you for your patience and helping me out on this issue.

I mentioned somewhere in the previous e-mail that using default position 99999999 for Retirees were causing problems with interfaces. Since this position is also used for contractors and non employees, they started a new one now and want to keep it going with position 991************ series and keepig EG/ESG for the Retirees from the old position.

Now I created a new EG/ESG and tried to create a new position 999********* part of the series or block they created the most recent ones for Retirees, it gave me error "entry does not exist T503T", I checked in the table, entries are there.

Please advise how should I tackle this issue/mess.

After your reply, I will close this thread and may be start a new one for more advise and reward better.

Edited by: learnsharehcm on Sep 14, 2011 9:01 PM

Answers (0)