Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of batch in delivery order based on some validity date

imrana_khan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I want to restrict the picking of the batch in delivery order based on some validity dates option to be mentioned against batch.

Actually requirement is to mention a date against a batch (date other than Manufacturing / SLED) which will restrict batch to be picked in the delivery order. That restriction can be based on customer or on overall batch.

I am looking for standard configuration and keeps enhancement as the last option.

This is urgent requirement.

Regards

Imran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

imrana_khan
Explorer
0 Kudos

You are talking about the settings done through VCH1 or something else. If it's VCH1 then it is also not restricting completely. Auto-Batch determination doesn't pick the batch but if user selects manually then they are allowed to do so.

Please let me know if there will be any other mechanism.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This would e no different then the standard process for doing batch selection against the SLED or DOM which you mention. So I am assuming you are already aware of how that works.

So you would simply create a new date characteristic and then create similar procedure utilized by the standard process for selecting against SLED or DOM. There are SAP OSS notes on implementing the SLED and DOM selections, so i would study them and then you should be able to do a similar process for a date characteristic that you create.

Craig

imrana_khan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

The SLED works for the whole batch but my requirement is not specifically for the whole batch. The validity of a batch can be for a specific country or customer.

For example: Batch : 12345 expiry 31.12.2020.

The batch is valid for Customer A till 31.12.2019 and valid till 30.06.2020 for Customer B.

Will there be any condition record type of thing.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. I don't know of any standard way to do that.

There is a standard process from SAP that allows you to ensure that a certain amount of shelf life will be left upon arrival at the customer.

I.e customer A says it must have at least one year remaining upon arrival, and customer B says it must have at least 2 years remaining. Therefore, for today, I can send any batches expiring any time after January 2020 to customer A. But for customer B I can only send batches that expire after January 2021. This is standard SAP.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean or not. Product expiration dates are usually printed on the product so you can't just change the expiration date on part of a batch.