Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Customer Account Group to Material Group

ravi_gupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to restrict all the customers, belonging to a customer account group for a specific material group so that those customers can only place orders for the materials, belonging to that material group.

Please let me know if it can be done through customization. I don't want to use "user exit/ BADI" for this purpose.

Your valuable comments are invited.

Ravi Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The way to go is to use material listing/ exclusion (VB01) as it allows you to have the criteria select material group and customer group for maintaining records. Moreover, for sold to party we normally use account group "0001' or for that matter one of your own and through which we create customers. So, when you include those customers as a group automatically your account group is covered.

But just update incase you have customers from multiple account groups for which you want to have this listing for a group of materials.

Hope this helps.

Reward if it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the material listin inclusion/exclusion customizing.

Material listing and exclusion lets you control which materials specific customers may or may not buy. For example, if you create a material listing for a specific customer group, the customer can only order products from that list.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/90/758534c960a134e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

regards

roberto

pls. reward if helpful

ravi_gupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank u very much for ur reply.

The way, u suggested is suitable only if a particular customer is supposed to be restricted/ allowed for certain material and it has to be done for every customer whereas I want it to be done for whole set of customer say belonging to a account group.

I think, the solution suggested by Rajan is the most appropriate one, however, I wanted to avoid it and was looking for some solution through customizing itself.

Thanks again

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi

Material Listing/Exclusion control is carried by using Condition technique which is very common across SAP R3 system.

Step 1: Maintain Field catalogue: Here one can list down the fields which can be used in the condition tables used in the condition technique

Path is IMG-SD-Basic function-Listing/Exclusion-maintain allowed fields.

Step 2: Maintain condition table: Condition tables are used to create the fields which are going to be used to create condition records for the listings and exclusions. The fields available in the field catalogue can only be used as fields of condition tables.

Step 3: Maintain Access sequences: Here we can list down the fields which can be used in the condition tables used in the condition technique. The pre-requiste is that the condition table should have been maintained.

Step 4: Condition types: Condition types are used as a part of condition technique in material Listing/Exclusion. They are included in the Procedure. Each condition type has an access sequence attached to it.

Step 5: Define Procedures: the material Listing/Exclusion procedures here which are subsequently assigned to Sales Document types

A Material Listing/Exclusion Procedure consists of one or more condition types. After getting assigned to a sales document type it helps to find out the correct substitution of material based on the access sequence associated with the condition type

Step 6: Activate listing/exclusion by sales document type: the material determination gets activated for that particular sales document type.

As your requirement is to sell specific material to specific customers, you can include the the field for Account group in the allowed fields and then create a suitable table to be used with the condition record or just create the table with sold-to party and other details and use this.

Regards,

Gauravjit.

Reward Points if solution is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use the user-exit in the include MV45AFZZ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajn,

Cold you kindly eloborate how to work on it

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the include at FORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT

put the if condition ABAP coding. The task will be easier if logic is clear. You can put a customized error msg in case the if condition is not satisfied. So while creating document (sales order) if the condition mentioned here is not satisfied then the error msg will come <b>while saving the doc</b>. and system will not allow to save it.

ravi_gupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think it will serve my purpose for sure.

Is it possible to resolve this issue through customization only?

Thanks a lot

Ravi

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can !!

look at my previous post:

Use the material listin inclusion/exclusion customizing.

Material listing and exclusion lets you control which materials specific customers may or may not buy. For example, if you create a material listing for a specific customer group, the customer can only order products from that list.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/90/758534c960a134e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

regards

roberto

pls. reward if helpful