Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting access to Basic Pay infotype thru PA30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The requirement is :

Add/Change/Delete access to Basic Pay PA0008 Infotype should be thru' Actions (PA40) transaction.

Thru' PA30 or any other transaction user should not be allowed to change Basic Pay infotype.

Is it possible thru configuration ? If yes, what are the steps ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need so help to resolve the below issue.

Through the ABAP-HR program we are sending an email to the particular mail ID.

FOR HIRING A NEW EMPLOYEE:

while performing PA40 it has give authorization to user to update 0000,0001 and 0002 and it has to block the user not to update further any info type and a mail has to be sent to the mail ID( EX: Superior) which is maintained.

FOR EXISTING EMPLOYEE:

When ever the user want's to update the master data thru PA30 an email has to be sent to the mail id which is maintained to get the approval.

Is it possible to do this with out workflow.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't find any solution to this scenario. Closing this issue as without user exit and customisation we cannot meet this requirement.

Regards

former_member75029
Contributor
0 Kudos

With these roles you can not restrict one user to change infotype 0008 because other role will alllow to change 0008 and other will allow to acess pa30.

Afrasyab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vjay,

For this user, dont give access to PA30 and give access to only PA40 and necessary infotypes.

P_ORGIN is the Authorization Object for PA MAster Data

the level would be R, M and W...

R-Read Infotypes

W-Write Infotypes

M-F4 help

Regards

...Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can be done via roles & authoraizations. P_ORGINCON & P_ORGIN in these objects only will maintain infotype. Don't maintain IT 0008. For better understanding you may discuss with your basis team coz it is mainly basis job.

former_member75029
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do the Following for the role assigned to person.

you need to assign pa30 and pa40 t codes first. then you can restrict with the use of orgin table.

Afrasyab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses...

The issue is... User X has access to PA30 & PA40 transactions. Even if I assign specific roles and authorizations, system check for the Object and provide access to user.

Since I am accessing same objects from both tcodes, user can create / change basic pay from PA30.

The roles created are:

ZHR_PA30_READ Tcode : PA30 PORGIN - Auth Level R, Infotypes *

ZHR_PA40_CREATE Tcode : PA40 PORGIN - Auth Level *, Infotypes *

Please correct me if I have made any mistakes...

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, this is a common requirement client will ask.

To my knowledge, there is no way to restrict tne user to acess IT8 if PA40 & PA30 access are given.

Either, user has to be restricted for IT8, so that neither he can create thru PA40 or PA30

Or User to be restricted to PA40 only.

Suggest, to update/change IT8 at any point of level by only ONE person. Give him the acess only to PA30.

LIke, if it is small Organisation, let Core User only create/change IT8 and the other actions or updating Infotypes would be done by End User.

Regards

...Sadhu

Edited by: sadhar on Jul 2, 2009 10:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a role for it.

Assign to user.

use t code su01.

But autharization will be taken care by BASIS people.

if you have basis consultant better approch him.

Warm Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can handle this through authorisation matrix.

regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

yes it is possible through the authorization as our guru said