Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict users from entering or viewing master data on the basis of Item group

former_member392795
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

My client requires that his employees from different department should not be able to view or add master data not related to them. They only filter I can imagine is on Item Group level. Can I restrict users from entering master data or viewing data via stored procedure on the basis of Item Group?

Or

Is there any workaround for this?

I am using 8.82 PL4

Regards

Ghufran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ghufran

Try by using Authorization for your user.

and if you had defined any series for BP master, Item Master then select that series as default for certain user. and another solution is as given by above experts Rupesh and chintan you can follow the SP notification

Regadrs,

Bhushan verma

former_member392795
Participant
0 Kudos

How can i achieve this via authorization?

former_member188586
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Go to System Instillation>>Authorization>>>general Authorization>>select user >> right side?? under Stock management >> item master data >> set read only then can't able to do any other activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ghurfam,

You can achieve either full, read only or no authorization. but still they can view data of other group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ghufran,

The First workaround is go for Authorization which simple and best way to define users for read only, add and no authorization for Master data.

Second way is you can write the store procedure to block the user if his/her non relevant  item group master data is amended.

Please check the following TN

IF @TRANSACTION_TYPE in ('A','U') AND @OBJECT_TYPE = '4'

BEGIN

IF EXISTS (Select T0.Itmsgrpcod from OITM T0 where T0.ItemCode = @LIST_OF_COLS_VAL_TAB_DEL

and T0.Itmsgrpcod='103' and T0.usersign2 ='4')

BEGIN

SELECT @ERROR = 10001, @ERROR_MESSAGE = 'You are not authorized to Amend Master data for this Item Group.'

END

END

You can amend this TN as per your requirement.

Regards,

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not restrict user for stop viewing data from other item group. If user has permission to view item master data then he can view all item group data.

But to restrict user from adding master data for other group you can use item series and allow authorization to only series which he can use.

If you are not using item series then Store Procedure is only option to restrict user from adding data of other group which he is not belong to.